Official Diablo 3 Thread / Discussion

im still nightmare act II, 57 monk 7400 dmg

anyone get anything super good?

Whoa...you should be blowing through nightmare. I was 51 when I finished NM. Hit 60 the pack before Diablo on Hell.

I've gotten 2 legendary pieces - a wand and a belt. I used the wand for a few levels and sold the belt right off the bat. Both weren't all that fantastic.

43 Monk, still enjoying the game but getting burned out on it. The complete lack of content, by that I mean doing act 1 on regular mode and start all over again yet harder. It's actually a insanely short game that you keep replaying. It should consist of 16 completely different acts with the final one involving the Diablo boss, and obviously scale difficulty in each act like it is already.

I was honestly bummed out when I beat the Diablo boss at whatever level I was in normal mode to just start over.

Did you play diablo 2? that is how it was with that too. Also as for replay value you can always play with a different character. Also, there will be a player vs. player option which should lead to endless replaying.

the legendaries are being made stronger in the next patch at the end of the month apparently - but its a major complaint in the game.

i have thoroughly enjoyed the game itself except for the fact that it was so obviously built around the auction house. the item drops in the game are really, really bad. you will not survive past normal without going to the AH (unless you are really, really lucky). the most exciting part about diablo (for me) was finding the items and building your character. drops are supposed to be better in the next patch to so i guess we will see.

I hope so. I really like how important having money is but it'd be so much cooler if you had to like "Trade" it to people in order to sell an item for a lot. Since like the rarest items only sell for like 1k in the store, it's pretty interesting.

I'm in Act III Hell, so excited for Inferno. I deal like 11k with magic weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else miss when gaming didnt involve a discussion about fucking economics?

ive sunk 100+ hours into this game and there are certain things i really like and certain things ive ultimately become very disappointed by - in particular that instead of the AH being built simply as an extension of the game, something to control the black market - the game was instead built entirely around the AH.

Act 2 is the worst!!!

I just hit Inferno with my Barb. So far so good, but he's barely into act 1. I upgraded to low level 60 gear and I got somewhere around 15k DPS and around 50k health. As for that link about the RMAH, I will NEVER buy or sell anything on there. I just stick to the gold AH.

• 8 months later...

Haven't played in a minute. The good thing is the game has a lot of lasting value. I could play it in 5 years and it would still hold up.

Did they ever add the PVP arena?

How are the real money auctions going?

i had played in months, but just started again last week and im hooked again.

im pretty sure the PvP is in, havent used it yet. 

i had like 2gig update on the game before i could play. there's a lot that they fixed and added. i mainly stopped playing because i couldnt handle a4 inferno and just got frustrated. but now, they dulled down a lot, and gave you the option to have "monster power" you can pick 1-10, 10 obviously being the hardest and more XP. i like that. more yellows drop and legends too. most of the time you just salvage those. but once in awhile you can get a good one and sell for a few mil. 

you can now buy 100 million for $10.90 off a site....i did it. its worth it. good gear is i guess you can say is cheap now, you can get a whole set for no more than 10 mil. probably a lot less.

** oh and the paragon levels, which is kinda old, is still awesome. takes time, but something else to work for once your 60. 100 more levels! each level adds 3 to your main attribute and 3 magic find...i think.

i had played in months, but just started again last week and im hooked again.

im pretty sure the PvP is in, havent used it yet. 

i had like 2gig update on the game before i could play. there's a lot that they fixed and added. i mainly stopped playing because i couldnt handle a4 inferno and just got frustrated. but now, they dulled down a lot, and gave you the option to have "monster power" you can pick 1-10, 10 obviously being the hardest and more XP. i like that. more yellows drop and legends too. most of the time you just salvage those. but once in awhile you can get a good one and sell for a few mil. 

you can now buy 100 million for $10.90 off a site....i did it. its worth it. good gear is i guess you can say is cheap now, you can get a whole set for no more than 10 mil. probably a lot less.

** oh and the paragon levels, which is kinda old, is still awesome. takes time, but something else to work for once your 60. 100 more levels! each level adds 3 to your main attribute and 3 magic find...i think.

have you done the secret level?