Official Diablo 3 Thread / Discussion

So someone answer my questions from above puhleaseeee...in regards to account names.

Also any details on servers and stuff? Will it work similar to D2? Please note the last computer game I played was D2 so just curious on how all this will work.

Honestly do not feel like reading thousands of articles to find out.

I think the biggest issue with this game is the PhysX engine. The PhysX was originally meant for a separate GPU rendering card. But it seems when you do dumb things like shoot a barrel it will make your PC/Laptop scream like a little kid on a plane.

I plan on buying a 27" iMac this summer so we will see how it plays out on that, my little brothers destroyed my custom built PC so I'll wait till the revision and get the latest and greatest for my $2k

I can't believe I missed the open beta last weekend. I really wanted to give this game a go, since I've never really played more then a few minutes of a Diablo game.

Yeah. I always remember why I never end up doing them. Think I finally figured it out after spending my whole lunch dicking around with both newegg and evga 2 times each.

Also I think that is the point, they know more will buy if the price is displayed lower but probably less that 25% actually fill it out and send it in, and the ones who do fill it out wrong or are late.

cmon. play it is gonna be a blast.

all i need to still buy is windows 7 and maybe photoshop (have had a pirated version for 4 or so years now). do not do enough on it (just crop scanned film, a few filters, curves, set white/black points, etc) to justify buying it. perhaps i should buy lightroom...regardless gonna see what all my best friend can pick up at campus for students. i guess windows 7 home premium 64bit is what i want.

Diablo 3 is basically free for me because of the 12mo WoW contract so I can't complain about it.

It definitely is a lot more immersive than the former, so the nostalgia factor really isn't there for me. But it seems its a new spin on an old classic (Bioshock to System Shock and Total Annihilation to Supreme Commander.)

I think the biggest issue with this game is the PhysX engine. The PhysX was originally meant for a separate GPU rendering card. But it seems when you do dumb things like shoot a barrel it will make your PC/Laptop scream like a little kid on a plane.

I plan on buying a 27" iMac this summer so we will see how it plays out on that, my little brothers destroyed my custom built PC so I'll wait till the revision and get the latest and greatest for my $2k

im playin on the 27" it worked fine. but i did turn down the shadow detail, and the physics, i do every game, i didnt notice the difference, but

turning down the shadow detail the cut ram usage in half..i forgot exactly, it'll tell you in settings menu.

its so nice on that screen :)

I have a feeling I know the answer but what is your opinion on windows 7 64bit, office 2010, and adobe lightroom 4?

Once graduating college I pretty much gave up pirating files. Buying programs though seems pretty costly. I just dropped about 1K on all my components.

I am thinking about buying windows and maybe finding an alternative method of obtaining the two others. I mean I do have the money, but man am I cheap. I guess if I do not upgrade for 3 years or so it is not really that costly, but still those three are about $380!! I guess I do not really need office for my home computer.