Detroit - J Dilla's Collection for sale

Detroit area record store UHF has come into possession of 7,000 – 8,000 records from the collection of the late, great J Dilla. The records are currently on sale at the store. The first batch was made available to the public this past weekend on Record Store Day. Jeff Bubeck, the owner of UHF in Royal Oak, MI, acquired the collection from an abandoned storage unit in Clinton Township last month.

http://www.egotripland.com/j-dilla-record-collection-for-sale-detroit-record-store/

Sorry if it's been posted already, this story is pretty interesting.

I shop at uhf pretty cool guys. Nice store. Their prices have semed to creep up a bit w the new vinyl popularity in the last year or so. I got a white dcfc facts for like 75.00 their so was happy. Not much of a hip hop fan. I probly woulda hawked these j dilla collection myself I woulent care

Yeah, I've been reading up on J. Dilla ever since I got into Danny Brown cause i've been listening to everything Danny has done, including free style over Dilla beats. It's heartbreaking hearing about him performing in England from a wheelchair. Then thru his death there was all this complaining between Dilla's family and friends and his accountants and shit. So Dilla's Mom has Lupus too, Dilla had it and it contributed to his death, not sure it's the main cause. So having Dilla songs on car commercials and shit like that is really important now that 4-5 years after his death there is finally a Foundation looking out for the best interest of his music and the money can go to the right people. Dilla's Mom lives in the same house in Detroit cause all the money Dilla made went to keepin him alive. With friends like ?estlove and the rest of the Foundation hopefully Dilla's Mom can live a full life and the drugs work and a cure is found. I just hope they don't do anything for a buck, even tho money's important, would Dilla want his song used on an Old Navy commercial? Glad they got the right people to decide what the right money making ventures are. And yet, with all that optimism, how often do these end up well?

• 8 months later...