Back to the basics

Parents had records. My brother and I listened to them. I bought CDs as a teenager so I could listen to them on the bus or while driving. Started buying records in my early 20s, and will continue to do so.

Vinyl.

What was your first record and what made you want to switch to vinyl as your preferred medium?

I've been listening to records pretty much my whole life. I'll always remember seeing my brothers copy of King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King for the first time when I was five and thinking it was the coolest cover art ever. If I remember right, the first LP I bought with my own money was Black Sabbath - Sabotage when I was 9. My brother already had Sabotage but I loved it so much that I just had to have my own copy. I have two much older brothers so I had access to endless stuff to listen to when I was really young. I loved how cheap I could get records for "back in the day." I bought CDs as well in my teen years for on the go.

I buy stuff on all formats to this day but records have always been my preferred format over all and are what I buy the most of.