Diamond pet food recall READ IF YOU HAVE PETS!

Dude, that sucks so much! I'm really sorry to hear about your dog... Are there any class action lawsuits or anything you can do to make the food company compensate you?

Not sure yet. And, and this point, we're just happy to have him home and alive. I think there's been about 10 deaths linked so far. Scary, scary stuff though.

Dude, that sucks so much! I'm really sorry to hear about your dog... Are there any class action lawsuits or anything you can do to make the food company compensate you?

Not sure yet. And, and this point, we're just happy to have him home and alive. I think there's been about 10 deaths linked so far. Scary, scary stuff though.

Dude, that's messed up! At least you caught it when you did. Good on you for being a concerned pet owner. Hopefully there won't be any more issues for you guys.

Super shitty about your dog, but im glad to hear that he's okay and back at home. I had a dog with pancreatitis and also epilepsy, and i know those emergency vet visits are the fucking worst.

While a completely raw diet is of course the best option for pets, it's my opinion that it's not always necessary. It's really important to just look at the ingredients on the back of dry/wet food and look for the preservatives and corn supplements. Once youre familiar with those you'll see that 98 percent of the shit sold (even at petco and pet stores) is basically garbage, like feeding your animals fast food every day. I'm pretty sure all the stuff on that list is real bad, with or without salmonella tainting. So shitty companies like this are even still allowed to operate after this bad of a fuck up.

my sister feeds costco brand dog food to her dogs and they had i think 3 or 4 of the recalled bags but they had already fed them to the dogs. that's the brand that her vet uses, so as far as dry dog food goes, it's not that bad.

i thought it was funny, because i had signed up for newsletters from some fancy pants expensive organic/grain-free food that my ex was feeding his dog and it's made at the same place as the costco food, ahahaha.

and raw feeding is good, but the overall benefits over commercial dry dog food haven't really been proven. my sister has two retired racing greyhounds who were both fed raw diets before she got them, and both had intestinal parasites, so there's pros and cons to both diets.

my sister feeds costco brand dog food to her dogs and they had i think 3 or 4 of the recalled bags but they had already fed them to the dogs. that's the brand that her vet uses, so as far as dry dog food goes, it's not that bad.

i thought it was funny, because i had signed up for newsletters from some fancy pants expensive organic/grain-free food that my ex was feeding his dog and it's made at the same place as the costco food, ahahaha.

and raw feeding is good, but the overall benefits over commercial dry dog food haven't really been proven. my sister has two retired racing greyhounds who were both fed raw diets before she got them, and both had intestinal parasites, so there's pros and cons to both diets.

We were feeding our dogs Taste Of The Wild, one of the better brands, and it too was made at the same place the Kirkland stuff is made.

We've since switched to Acana, and will be trying the BARF diet in the coming weeks. we just want to make sure we do it correctly before we dive head first into it.

I'm waiting on a call back from my vet to discuss the lack of care they showed us on Saturday. Honestly, our little dude wouldn't have made it through the night if we had listened to them.

The pros being that dogs are canines and are meat to eat real meat. Their teeth are meant to tear, not crunch. The benefits start with: feeding your pet something it's designed to fully consume and digest.

If you do continue feeding your pets kibble or canned wet food, do everything you can to avoid "animal digest" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_digest It's ground up misc. parts from misc. animals. Often times containing parts of sick and diseased and dying animals.

I got this email last week. I was bummed as I have been feeding our dog Taste of the Wild for the last 2 years. She loves it and has had no issues at all while on it. I am continuing to feed her the food as our current bag was not part of the recall, nor was California suppose to have even received any of the potentially tainted bags.

While Diamond is not a very well respected pet food company on the whole (a lot of people don't trust them...but who the hell even trusts the companies that are supplying OUR food...everything is pretty gnarly when it comes to buying for that your didn't grow yourself) I happen to LOVE their Taste of the Wild line. It is a pretty well respected dog food. Grain-free. Pretty decent list of ingredients:

Bison, lamb meal, chicken meal, egg product, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavor, tomato pomace, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product,dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

There are definitely ingredients on there that are not "ideal", but they are not much worse than what many humans would eat if they consume anything that sits in a box in their pantry.

Feeding raw has always intrigued me, but I just don't know if i want my dog getting raw animal flesh all over her...seems pretty messy/unsanitary for us.