Does this count as a NM Jacket?

Got a record in the mail today... spent a decent chunk of change on it, and it was listed as NM/NM. Just curious if this is what NM is generally considered.

For the record, everything was packaged like a tank, so I really don't think this happened during shipping. Kinda bummed about it, but the booklet and the record are fine, so that's good.

I was always curious about this, because I know some of the people I've bought off of over the years have just referenced the actual record itself when they say NM and not the packaging. I would think if you're advertising something as NM the packaging would be included in that.

NM/NM is different from NM

Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree.

And I'm not someone to get all up in arms about something. I just want to know for the future. This is a record that I'll never sell, so I'm not worried about resale. It's just that disappointed feeling you get when you've been waiting to get it in the mail and then you finally open it and it's not quite as perfect as you'd hoped.

With that being said, what condition would this be considered? Ex? Vg?

I was always curious about this, because I know some of the people I've bought off of over the years have just referenced the actual record itself when they say NM and not the packaging. I would think if you're advertising something as NM the packaging would be included in that.

NM/NM is different from NM

Hmm, I read though the guide that the other guy posted. What's the difference between NM/NM and NM? I'll just be honest and say that I assumed that it was referencing the jacket and the record... But that's obviously incorrect.

So I emailed the guy and he wrote me back and sent me a picture of the album before shipping. It looks like it got bent during shipping. He seemed real bummed about it, being a collector himself, and he felt bad that I got the record in that condition. We'll just chalk this up to the USPS doing what they do best.

Anyways, I appreciate the laughs and the insight into record grading.