PO RUSH - Clockwork Angels

How is this album? i'm somewhat interested in hearing it. i've been listening to their back albums lately; found Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Signals at my local shop last week for about $7 total.

i think this (Clockwork Angels) is their best record since Test for Echo. i really like it. as long as you go into it understanding that geddy is not able to belt songs out like he did on caress of steel. while i enjoyed vapor trails and snakes and arrows i feel like this album is more interesting and i am sure i will listen to it far more than i did with VT and SAR.

go buy it already!

Just listened to it (CD) once all the way thru, wow. Sounds so alive, I think Neil and Nick's recording style really helps everything flow so much better than on previous albums, creates some actually interesting LIVE moments. Shades of darkness too (The Garden), always welcome. Synth use is very classy too. Comparing it to other records is impossible, but a great rebirth after a few clunkers. Looking forward to getting the vinyl so I can compare.

• 2 months later...

I guess this is as good of a place as any to show off my collection:

IMAG0182.jpg

I do need to update this though as I recently picked up a copy of ABC 1974.

I cannot wait to catch them in Pittsburgh next week.

Nice! I'm missing Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Vapor Trails. The three most expensive, of course.

I thankfully grabbed Vapor Trails when it came out for $20 (which at the time I thought was expensive, how times have changed). My major white whale is the alleged Test For Echo Russian bootleg. I've been told by legit people that it is exists, but I've never seen even a picture of it.

Test For Echo was never pressed even in bootleg format. I have never seen one or heard a serious Rush collector said he's seen one.

I'm jealous of your Vapor Trail. That's the only record I'm hunting and I'm not going to pay $200 for it. I would pay up to $100 for it if someone is willing to sell it.

Once I find it, I'm going to take a big group shot of all my Rush records.

• 7 months later...

First I've seen of this: http://www.emp-online.com/rush-clockwork-angels-2-lp/art_250900/

2LP, red vinyl, limited to 300, exclusive to EMP mailorder.  Comes out 5/2/13.

Unfortunately they don't ship to the US, anyone overseas want to help a brother out?  Are there any intermediate int'l shipping services?