Official Pokémon Thread! (Nintendo DS)

What's pokemon conquest?

And I just got to the Lake of Rage on SS...such a cool part of that game. My team so far is Quilava, Scyther, Kingler, and Electrode. Some shit happened with the red Gyrados that involved me having to battle him three times before catching him. First, random critical hit with a weak attack (pursuit)...KO. Second, while trying to whittle its health down with Quilava's ember, it got BURNED. The burn did more damage than the attack itself...KO.

I can't decide whether or not to evolve Scyther. The attack gain is enormous, as well as getting better defense, but the speed getting cut so much is my biggest concern.

with the attack and defense boost you won't really need the speed as much anymore.

A few months back Olly Moss sold 3 different Pokemon prints (featuring the original 3 starting Pokemon) and they're awesome. I just got mine in a few days ago.

[image]

How much did these retail for? I've been looking closely at ebay and it seems one would be able to snag an individual one for about 50-60 dollars. Yikes.

with the attack and defense boost you won't really need the speed as much anymore.

I know, but I like being able to attack first. I think I'll leave it be for a while.

How many of you guys use the whole "quality over quantity" tactic for your party? I've found it more ideal to concentrate solely on just 5 Pokemon to train throughout a campaign. Which leads to a better question:

What Pokemon do you use as your HM Slave?

I usually have 3 or 4 good pokemon. Training too many is boring which = me getting tired = laying down = dropping the DS on my face when I fall asleep/falling asleep and the battery dies.

I use some bitch geodude for HM's. Usually my trained pokemon have surf and fly. Those are all you really need.

Guest thankyoubasedgod
How many of you guys use the whole "quality over quantity" tactic for your party? I've found it more ideal to concentrate solely on just 5 Pokemon to train throughout a campaign. Which leads to a better question:

What Pokemon do you use as your HM Slave?

Whenever I play a game I usually have 4-5 main pokemon max and HM whore out a pokemon. The most fun though is to get one pokemon and try to beat the game with it.

Black and White is the best since the first two generations by far, but it was incredibly easy. At the beginning of the game as soon as I was able to, I traded a dratini egg over and hatched it in my new version and only used that one pokemon for the whole game. I caught other pokemon but never fought with them and used them as HM whores. I beat the whole game like that, it was a lot of fun. Dragonite is so powerful and nothing is super effective but dragon and ice I believe. By the time I got to the final gym I had Ice Beam and always attacked first so I just 1 hit KO'd everything.

Would anyone be down to trade with me? I need to trade with someone to have my Kadabra evolve. Also, if you could attach a moon stone, that'd be awesome.

PM me if you want to lend a fellow trainer a helping hand. shocked.gif

I was about to PM someone who had contacted me about this, but my inbox is empty :/

Guest thankyoubasedgod

I've never run into a shiny pokemon, ever. (excluding the red gyrados)

I've caught a Pokemon with Pokerus before though which is supposedly much rarer than running into a shiny. I was stoked :] Also, there are these group of kids on YouTube that call themselves "shiny hunters".. they literally sit around for like 6 hours with 4 gameboys out waiting to run into a shiny while filming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw

Wait for it..

Guest thankyoubasedgod

Hahahahaha I would feel terrible for him if his battery died! He did like 25.9k encounters just to find that one pokemon. Banananassssss!

But it's hilarious as fug when he starts thanking God and then telling everyone never to quit their goals/always follow their dreams.

• 7 months later...