Official Pokémon Thread! (Nintendo DS)

Get SoulSilver or HeartGold. The G/S/C generation is easily the best in the series, though I love them all.

Everyone should have an Ampharos.

I'd settle for anything really. But yeah I agree, I'm most familiar with the original set of Pokemon. It's still fun sorting out through all the new breeds though.

Guest thankyoubasedgod
Has anyone else seen the trailer for Black and White 2? It's all Japanese and I don't understand any of it, but holy shit these look awesome.

Seriously, I'm so stoked for it. Black and White are the best games since Gold/Silver.

Red/Blue will always be the best, then gold/silver. But Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl were absolute shit. Ruby and Sapphire being the worst.

Black and White was great, I went to the midnight release for it. I'm so stoked for Black and White 2. I just replayed my Blue version I got when I was 6, around the time the game dropped. I played the fuck out of that game and it's still alive. I loadedit up to see what my team was (I've beaten the game multiple times as a kid but this was a new file I made I guess), I had like 5 badges and my line up was Charizard, Clefable and 3 haunters LMFAO. Idk wtf I was doing with 3 haunters.

Anything after second gen. is poopy.

You should play Black & White. They are amazing. The whole "anything after the original 150 isn't Pokemon" argument is ridiculous. The games added so much functionality and added playtime with breeding, IVs, EVs, and the WiFi connection. Plus a ton of the new Pokemon are bad ass.

Guest thankyoubasedgod

I agree with everything above, Black and White was great. The story line was solid and the new pokemon were too. Ruby/Sapphire was such a disappointment, the pokemon were terrible in that game.

I think my favorite pokemon from black/white is Timburr. And yeah Thundurs' new form is badass but I thnk Tornadus' is my favorite.

I've always wondered abut the Eelektross fascination but you just sold me on it. I couldn't decide on a good electric and I just don't like using Zekrom, feels too cheap.

EV trained my Haunter a bit ago, so now I'm just waiting to find out if I did it right.

Also, if the trailer's any indication, it looks like B/W2 are going to be more focused on an older audience. I'm really pumped.

It seems like this thread is headed in a different direction. I'll go ahead and change the title of the thread when I get home. :)

On the original topic, people near me sell games pretty cheap all the time. I recommend checking your local ads first (craigslist / kijiji), but if you can't seem to find anything let me know and I'll help you out. I do have an extra copy of Diamond, but it was given to me without case and booklets. If you do end up wanting it, I'd let it go fairly cheap.