document.write('+':4nmui64i]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

MRR review of the BÄDDAT FÖR TRUBBEL Det Här Är Inte New York LP

As a punk record aficionado, there are few things more exciting than finding a great record by an outta-nowhere new band. This is that sort of record…only better. In terms of international punk rock, I haven’t been this wowed by a debut since EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING dropped their first A-bomb. Got your attention yet? Though Sweden’s BFT shares little in terms of sound with ECSR, they share that same brand of confidence and pitch-perfect execution in what they do. And what is that, you ask? Well, imagine pairing a classic Euro Killed By Death sound (sung in Swedish, no less) with a lean toward pub rock and the amphetamine-fueled R&B that dominated the UK in the mid-’70s. While that might spell trouble for anyone unwilling to look past, I dunno, MASSHYSTERI for their Euro-punk fix, this amounts to nothing short of a fucking lightning bolt to the rest of us! It’s refreshing to hear a band mining the sounds of the initial punk era but shrugging off the pose and fashion-aping, opting instead for legit soul and passion. No easy feat, my friends. There’s not a single fucking dud among the fifteen tunes here, so singling any cuts out is a challenge. Check out the frantic “Fan Ta Dig” and the powerful, anthemic heart breaker “Jag Har Ingenting” for the purest, most effective distillation of this band’s many strengths. I have not-so-silently been singing this band’s praises since I first encountered them in late 2010 and, thankfully, a scant few copies of this LP have finally landed stateside. If you have any interest at all in hearing a neo-classic punk rock album, I implore you to check this LP out. Seriously…find this NOW. An absolutely perfect, jaw-dropping record.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

251811_10150960279546785_1679098828_n.jpg

The parts are all here and we're assembling them now! We've still got some red vinyl copies left (limited to 300 copies) at our webstore and black vinyl copies are there as well!

This may be a dumb question, but will these be available in the physical store? I've been looking for an excuse to make the trip to Oakland.

These are in the shop now actually!

• 3 weeks later...