Good LP Crate?

Have a move coming up. Anyone ever used these? Are they the right size? 12.5" too tight?

Just trying to get a second opinion and avoid having to return them maybe. Price is pretty good.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203153338/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=crates&storeId=10051

Yeah, height is sufficient. Length is good. It's the width that worries me. An LP is a little over 12" usually. If they are measuring the outside width (ie, need to take a little out for the wood), it might be pretty tight or not even fit. If it said 13", I wouldn't have even made this thread.

I guess only way to know is to buy them and try it out.

office depot sells 'file boxes' that are 13inches wide x 9 inches tall x 11inches deep (i could be wrong about the depth) . they are cardboard and come in packs of 5 for only $12. thats what i keep on had in case i have to evacuate for a hurricane or something. they definitely are handy.

office depot sells 'file boxes' that are 13inches wide x 9 inches tall x 11inches deep (i could be wrong about the depth) . they are cardboard and come in packs of 5 for only $12. thats what i keep on had in case i have to evacuate for a hurricane or something. they definitely are handy.

Are you referring to banker boxes? if so, those things SUCK for storing records in. I used them about four years ago and it just ruined the jackets and shit.

Are you referring to banker boxes? if so, those things SUCK for storing records in. I used them about four years ago and it just ruined the jackets and shit.

I'm not sure if that's what they're called or not. But I use them just for moving back and forth. I don't store them in those things which is exactly what he's wanting it for.

They work great for me

The issue is that it is right on the borderline of fitting an LP or not. Like it might come down to whether 12.5 inches includes the width of the wood or not. Or if it fits but is so close that you ding the corners of LPs everytime you move them in or out.

It says on the website this is an online exclusive. Pretty sure it ships disassembled.

If no one chimes in that they have tried these by tomorrow morning I will just buy a couple (with a couple other household needs to get free shipping for spending $45) and let you know in a couple days.

Probably most cost effective solution but I'm gonna try the crates. It might be retarded reasoning but I have no more room for stickers on my guitar and a bunch collected from mailordering so it will be my new sticker canvas.

I only inquire because I had to move about 1000+ LPs across the country and the best/safest option was the storage boxes from Bags Unlimited.

For me, I HAD to be able to stack them because these were being moved alongside all of my other belongings as well.

Either way, best of luck with your move! May all of your records survive the haul with no damage.

Just got home and an LP doesn't fit in the crate. The width measurement is from the outside of the crate. It is 12.5" wide but from the outer edge to outer edge.

Hmmm. You pretty confident even though it was bought from a different retailer that it is the same crate?

After you saying this, I changed from "worth a try" to "not worth a try", but I'm not 100% it wouldn't work. At least I got a bunch of other options from this thread.

Hmmm. You pretty confident even though it was bought from a different retailer that it is the same crate?

After you saying this, I changed from "worth a try" to "not worth a try", but I'm not 100% it wouldn't work. At least I got a bunch of other options from this thread.

Just to be sure I went to measure the other measurements of my crate. It was 9" high by 17.75 long. So it may not be the exact same crate as the one you posted but the measurements are almost identical.

Just to be sure I went to measure the other measurements of my crate. It was 9" high by 17.75 long. So it may not be the exact same crate as the one you posted but the measurements are almost identical.

Eff it. Sounds like even if they fit it would be squeezing them in. Thanks for saving me the trouble.