getting baseball cards / comics graded

PSA sets up tables at a lot of conventions. So you can do grading in person that way. Be warned however that it's really pricey as the value goes up. If you have items that you think valuable it might be best to speak with a reputable auction company. They do their own grading/verifying and build it into their commission.

I sold a pretty pricey item. I vetted four auction houses and had them bid their percentage against each other. Not sure if you have something you can do that with or not but it worked out well for me.

^ Yeah I was gonna comment something along these lines. Probably not worth it for Jeter Rookie or that Upper Deck Griffey card. If you have rare inserts or cards from the 70s and earlier, look into it closer.

Remember that grading is mostly important to cards from the last 50 years if they come out as 9s or 10s. Grading a Honus Wagner to prove it is a 7 and not a 6 is well worth it. Grading a Pete Rose to a 7 probably isn't.

Get the feel? Now tell us what you have!!

well personally i'm gonna have some of my favorite players rookies graded and get a nice display for them.

as far as real legit stuff?

roberto clemente rookie

ernie banks rookie

pie trainor exhibit card

rod carew rookie

george brett rookie

robin yount rookie

all the 70's topps Nolan Ryans

and a handful of other 60's/70's hall of famers rookies/early cards

Nice! As Jerseydave said, if you aren't comfortable sending your cards off to be graded, go to a convention. Maybe if you bring them a bunch of cards to grade you can barter on price. I've never had it done. I collected cards in the mid 90s and even though I have a couple pretty cool inserts that might have warranted grading, I didn't understand the concept that a dulled corner made the thing lose most of its value when I was 8. None of them are worth it.