Project Perspective used - good deal?

Exchanging motor modules is definitely a pain in the ass, so a speedbox is a must. The only thing that really bothered me about this table (I was planning to buy one a while ago) is the "floating" platter, the force of the belt makes it lean a bit, no matter how much adjusting you do. But for the price it's really an excellent player.

Dear god ... stop typing, pick up the phone and call that guy. I don't even have to do any research to know that if what homeboy says is true (>150 hours, mint) it's a deal and a half. I mean, look at the pictures. Sweet acrylic plinth, nice platter (not sure what it's made of), a rigid tonearm and the outboard motor. Yeah, two separate motors is slightly annoying, but I'm sure the switch is relatively easy.

Dynavector is a very well-respected company as well and while the 20A is moving coil, it's high output so you should be able to use it with any moving magnet pre-amp.

I just did a little search and if you bought the updated models of this turntable / catridge combo (Pro-Ject PerspeX, dynavector 20X) you'd spend about $2650. It's sounds like a fair deal to me - especially if he treated the equipment with love - but you could always throw out $550 or $600 and see if the guy bites. There's no doubt that you'd be getting a really nice turntable and cartridge.

Yeah, it's definitely a superb table for the price, this one retailed at around $1000 without the cart. The suspended platter is really a minor quirk, the main reason I passed on one of these is because I set my eyes on a different table, now I've been waiting for over a year for one to pop up for a reasonable price, but still no luck...