My turntable is playing at about 35rpms

Hey I have a Magnavox AS9506 , one of those stereos with a tape deck, stereo, record player, etc. (I know its not great, but Im not a big audiophile either) Anyway, it has been playing at about 35rpm, just fast enough that I noticed a difference, and now its bugging the hell out of me. I checked the belt and it seems to be in great condition, is there a chance that it's stretched? Any other thoughts as to what I could do ? Thanks very much, any comment is appreciated.

There are a lot of variables. Possibly the motor, possibly the mechanism that gives power to the motor, etc. Essentially you could have a very big paper weight on your hands soon if it keeps getting faster.

Now some units have adjustment screws where you can adjust the speeds slightly. Find out if your equipment does, and adjust!

I think that the only other possibility is that for most of your life, the TT has actually been running at about 31 RPMs. Because it's the only thing you've ever known, your perceived reality has always been slightly slow music.

However, the other day - while your mom was cleaning your room - she accidentally bumped the table on which the turntable sat, knocking loose some jammed-up camshaft balls that operate the Steuerpimpel mechanism, thusly freeing the the spindle assembly / platter to spin at the appropriate 33 1/3 RPMs.

So now you're basically listening to records at the correct speed. Do nothing, sit back and enjoy!