Muscle and Bone - ST EP 12" with bonus song

Will any of these be up in the webstore before fest?

Nope.  I'm trying not to do preorders.  I hate waiting for records especially if delays pop up, so I prefer not doing them so people who buy from me don't have to wait forever and have their money tied up.  Plus, it just adds extra stress to the release knowing people have paid and waiting on me. 

The FEST press for this is extra test presses that were ran so we would have some in time.  They will have blank but handstamped FEST labels and an OBI strip and numbered out of 50.

The tests have been approved though and the plants have picked up some speed so the main pressing should be up in the store in November sometime. 

I'm so stoked on the updated artwork for this too.  One of my favorite comic artists contributed to this release and it looks so damn amazing especially with the matte varnish.

Nope.  I'm trying not to do preorders.  I hate waiting for records especially if delays pop up, so I prefer not doing them so people who buy from me don't have to wait forever and have their money tied up.  Plus, it just adds extra stress to the release knowing people have paid and waiting on me. 

Finally someone who gets it.

The Muscle & Bone - S/T LP art is absolutely stunning. The NY Times bestselling author/illustrator, Nate Powell, reimagined the album art and added his illustrations and took it to a whole new level. I'm stoked, it's not everyday that you get a Ignatz and Eisner award winning illustrator to work on one of your projects. He's also one of the best comic authors working today. Check out the new cover for the EP.

The jackets are printed with a nice matte varnish that really sets the artwork off in just the right way.  I couldn't be happier with how these came out.

Here it is:

1394222_10152466339551992_233566420_n.jp

The Muscle & Bone - S/T LP art is absolutely stunning. The NY Times bestselling author/illustrator, Nate Powell, reimagined the album art and added his illustrations and took it to a whole new level. I'm stoked, it's not everyday that you get a Ignatz and Eisner award winning illustrator to work on one of your projects. He's also one of the best comic authors working today. Check out the new cover for the EP.

The jackets are printed with a nice matte varnish that really sets the artwork off in just the right way. I couldn't be happier with how these came out.

Here it is:

1394222_10152466339551992_233566420_n.jp

So awesome

Well, there were several reasons.

First and foremost, if you can get Nate Powell to do illustration work for you, you do it.  He's one of my favorite illustrators and writers so it was amazing to work with him.  If you are unfamiliar with his work, check out:  http://seemybrotherdance.blogspot.com/ and http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/nate-powell

Second, our original art files had elements (like the band name on the sign) that were low resolution.  It was fine for small things like cassette and even the CD art but they were too low res for 12" artwork. 

And Third, we just love this EP, so we all wanted to do something really special for it.

New Noise Magazine is premiering Muscle & Bone's music video for "When I Loved You" from the S/T LP.  Directed by Lukas Hodge (Apart) and starring Matt Evans (of Old Flings). It turned out phenomenal.  Check it out here:  http://newnoisemagazine.com/exclusive-video-premiere-muscle-bone-when-loved-you/

All THE FEST 12 exclusive things are up in my store now. The first item in the store has all the stuff, use the dropdown menu to pick what you want. I had one lathe left (someone changed their mind). Here's what we had leftover - we only have 1 or 2 of a couple of these. We also added the Old Flings/Late Bloomer 7" and the Totally Slow LP.

MUSCLE & BONE - LP /50
SUNDALE - /25
MATT EVANS LATHE - /25
OLD FLINGS/FAKE BOYS 7" - /50
FAKE BOYS DEMO - /50

http://bittermelodyrecords.limitedrun.com/