Why do you love your Galaxy S3?

I have been using iOS since the day the iPhone 3G was released. I have had an iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4S, and an iPhone 5. After a never ending supply of problems with my iPhone 5 (I am on my 4th iPhone 5 due to hardware problems, and there are still lots of glitches with ios 6) I have decided to switch to android.

I know all of the basic features of the phone, but I am just wondering what I can expect with the switch from iOS, ease of learning the os, and what cool features/apps you all like.

I have heard several negative reviews about the stock keyboard, but also that swift key may be the best replacement.

I use swift key, its nice but there are other options. The stuff i can do with this phone is incredible, switch up the roms, kernals, and even install a different modem. The screen is a perfect size for me and looks great, i havent had a problem with it yet but im also not running any stock set ups its all custom.

I traded in my iphone for this and i dont ever see myself going back to ios, again the amount of customization and options that are available with android is amazing you'll never get bored.

Dont the htc phones lack a sd card slot?

They do but in reality, all your music will be in the cloud with Google Music. And you can stream movies. Do you really plan on keep a bunch of full length HD movies on your phone? It would be pretty hard to fill up 16gb without music and movies. Phones that have a ton of storage are overkill now with everything you can put in the cloud. If it was 5 years ago, I would have gone with a phone with more memory.

The expandable memory is a pretty big feature for me. I cannot use cloud services for music because I have a 6gb data plan that I tether with my computer, and stream MLB games that use of a lot of data. My 16gb iPhone is always full, so it will be nice to have a 32gb memory card purely for music and movies. Some people may not have a use for this much media, as stated above, but I definitely do.

They do but in reality, all your music will be in the cloud with Google Music. And you can stream movies. Do you really plan on keep a bunch of full length HD movies on your phone? It would be pretty hard to fill up 16gb without music and movies. Phones that have a ton of storage are overkill now with everything you can put in the cloud. If it was 5 years ago, I would have gone with a phone with more memory.

Yeah i dont use google play. The sd card slot is crucial for me, why not have that feature available? I have a 32gb sd card and its not overkill, ill probably upgrade to a 64gb soon.

I love the S3. The camera is fantastic, the screen is big and looks great, and the battery life is awesome. I've owned several Android devices and it's easily my favorite. The OS is simple to learn and honestly TouchWiz isn't bad. You can always ditch TouchWiz by flashing a ROM or at least cover most of it up with the third party launcher app like Nova (I prefer this launcher) or Apex.

A couple apps I strongly suggest you look into are:

Google Play Music (Free)- you can upload 20, 000 songs from your computer and stream them over mobile or wifi data to your Android device(s) instead of keeping all your music on your internal/external memory.

Atooma (Free)- Allows you to create or download user created profiles that change your devices settings based on specific conditions. For example, if your phone detects that it is traveling at a specific speed it will assume you're driving and automatically read new text messages out loud when received.

GreenPower (Free/Paid)- Automatically toggles your 3G/4G data on/off when your screen is on or off. It helps save a significant amount of battery life. It doesn't prevent you from receiving calls/text.

WIFI File Explorer (Paid)- Allows you to wirelessly upload/download media to your internal/external memory using your computer's web browser.

TweakDeck (Free)- A minimalistic Tweeter/Facebook app that places everything in simple lists.

If you decide to root some must haves are AdFree (removes ads from free apps), Titanium Backup (allows you to backup all apps/data), and Root Explorer (an advanced file explorer).

Just bought an S3 today. Definitely gotta get used to it, as I've always had Nexus phones (vanilla android). But very impressed so far. I wanted the Nexus 4, but with Tmobile this weekend the S3 is completely free after mail in rebate! can't beat that :)

edit: what are some of the most popular roms for the s3? i'm downloading XquiziT xD right now

I love the S3. The camera is fantastic, the screen is big and looks great, and the battery life is awesome. I've owned several Android devices and it's easily my favorite. The OS is simple to learn and honestly TouchWiz isn't bad. You can always ditch TouchWiz by flashing a ROM or at least cover most of it up with the third party launcher app like Nova (I prefer this launcher) or Apex.

A couple apps I strongly suggest you look into are:

Google Play Music (Free)- you can upload 20, 000 songs from your computer and stream them over mobile or wifi data to your Android device(s) instead of keeping all your music on your internal/external memory.

Atooma (Free)- Allows you to create or download user created profiles that change your devices settings based on specific conditions. For example, if your phone detects that it is traveling at a specific speed it will assume you're driving and automatically read new text messages out loud when received.

GreenPower (Free/Paid)- Automatically toggles your 3G/4G data on/off when your screen is on or off. It helps save a significant amount of battery life. It doesn't prevent you from receiving calls/text.

WIFI File Explorer (Paid)- Allows you to wirelessly upload/download media to your internal/external memory using your computer's web browser.

TweakDeck (Free)- A minimalistic Tweeter/Facebook app that places everything in simple lists.

If you decide to root some must haves are AdFree (removes ads from free apps), Titanium Backup (allows you to backup all apps/data), and Root Explorer (an advanced file explorer).

Thank you! I will definitely try most of these. I especially like the idea of GreenPower.

I sell these for a living. The S3 just beat out the iPhone as the number one selling smart phone. As an iPhone user I support iOS; however, the iPhone 5 was a giant disappointment. If you are thinking of switching to an Android device, I highly recommend the S3 or the HTC Evo 4g lte. Both devices are super comfortable, but the camera on the S3 is superior, yet the audio and body design on the Evo are superior to the S3.

I've been thinking about going to an android finally. I've had some form of an iphone since 2008. I use a ton of Apple products at work so it comes in handy but I got an iPad 3 a while back for my job stuff and I was thinking of switching to an S3 or something since I can use my iPad for whatever Mac related stuff anyway. I'm just so used to the iPhone and it's OS I think I'd hate the ones on android.