Need help pricing Vintage Beatles collection I inherited.

The key here is MINT or NEAR MINT. Any Beatles record (first pressings such as these and especially Mono copies) will get prime cash. Take these records to the Record Collectors Guild message board and you'll get legitimate offers from legitimate big boy collectors. Don't waste your time here.

Thank you for Clearing that up for mrrom92. I think he may be new at this.

Far from new at this. Have a complete Beatles collection (well, not exactly complete. Still seeking a Penny Lane promo 7")

The truth is they would be worth more to you to enjoy them. I somehow doubt you actually sold any of them for anything close to the price you mentioned, but if so, kudos to you. There's one born every minute.

i had a good collection of these albums too but didnt feel like going through selling them individually. I had a butcher cover that was in rough shape and a local used store gave me $110 for it. and i got about $180 for the rest of my collection which makes me think I could have gotten more if i put effort in to it...but yea, Im lazy.

That crazy if you are getting anything more than $15 a pop. Butcher cover is cool if you got it though, was talking about it just the other day....had no idea it existed. I try to hard to like the Beatles but I just can't :(

I have been selling them individually and they areage around $40-$50 A PIECE. The reason is their condition. THey are a near mint. People want that I guess.

Far from new at this. Have a complete Beatles collection (well, not exactly complete. Still seeking a Penny Lane promo 7")

The truth is they would be worth more to you to enjoy them. I somehow doubt you actually sold any of them for anything close to the price you mentioned, but if so, kudos to you. There's one born every minute.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230884706700?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649

Sold this one for $40

Didnt want to start a new topic so hopefully someone can help me out. Was in a used book store today and saw a copy of yesterday and today. It looks like it could be a covered up butcher cover. Its a mono version. And a corner of it is peeled and it kind of looks like there is another picture behind it.

51D0A305-6AD5-4DCC-9767-880D902BC5F2-1398-000001912853E706.jpg

4F03FED0-1152-453B-9B8D-D6D36E4CD52A-1398-00000191203AEA2F.jpg

FA7B8BF5-6358-4822-8828-8EBCFABAC2CA-1398-000001913919C69C.jpg

The deadwax isn't gonna help you determine if its a butcher or not.

It's a nice find but at $50 bucks, very pricey for a non-butcher, and by your description, it sounds as if they've priced it at $50 just cause "omg beatles"; not because they happen to know its a butcher cover (if it is). Again, whatever its worth to you is up to you. But if it is a butcher underneath there, it's a very nice buy at that price.

After that point, it's up to you to decide whether you want to peel or leave it as is. Many are opposed to peeling, as one day there will be none left as a historical document that there was ever a pasteover. If you want to peel it, please for the love of god don't try it yourself. Have it professional done. Fucked up butcher covers don't look good and they don't sell either.

I honestly can't tell by the photographs what it is. You should be able to see underneath with the bright light as someone had mentioned. Look for ringos shirt peeking underneath the title text.

The peeling you pictured looks to me like the normal construction of any mid-60's Capitol Lp jacket, and not one with an extra pasteover.

If you can post another picture closer up and brightly lit I could tell you fer sure.

Hope this helps.