Spin's Top 50 Albums of the Year

best coast's album was awful. she went on and on about how much more mature this album was going to be... the only difference was that they erased all the charm of the first album by bringing in a big time producer to make it sound shiny. she's still just a whiney brat, but now she wants us to feel bad for her when she's a big time music star.

thank you for this. i thought i was the only one who didn't like it.

it's hardly OF. but i would still recommend listening to the mixtape they dropped this year. i dug it.

That's what everyone that keeps trying to get me to listen to it is saying. I listened to that mixtape and it was alright. I don't think they'll ever touch anything on the same level as Bastard again.

As far as the list as a whole I haven't heard much of it. I didn't listen to new stuff over the summer much so I'm sure I missed out on a ton of great stuff. I just noticed that Yeasayer and The Tallest Man On Earth weren't on this list or the NME list. Both of those were solid albums.

i don't know a single person who likes it. it's godawful.

I totally forgot about it until now. Seems like it was only hyped until the release then everything went quiet.

this is the list i just compiled of albums that i need to listen to (in most cases, again) before i can feel comfortable compiling any sort of year-end list.

looks like i won't be touching any vinyl for a little while. but i'm excited to take this on.

i'm also going to read a couple of the best of lists that are already out to see what else needs to be added to this.

1.BIG BOI!

2.RIHANNA

3.STARS

4.THE XX

5.PURITY RING

6.R.KELLY

7.RICK ROSS

8. PERFUME GENIUS

9.PASSION PIT

10.OMBRE

11.OFWGKTA

12.NAS

13.MOUNT EERIE

14.MINUS THE TIGER

15.MELLOWHYPE

16.LOTUS PLAZA

17.YEASAYER

18.LANA DEL RAY

19.KILLER MIKE

20.KENDRICK LAMAR

21.JULIA HOLTER

22.JESSIE WARE

23.HOW TO DRESS WELL

24.HELIO SEQUENCE

25.HEEMS

26.FRESH & ONLYS

27.FIONA APPLE

28.DUM DUM GIRLS

29.DAN DEACON

20.CRAFT SPELLS

21.CORIN TUCKER

22.COOLY G

23.CHARIOT

24.BAD BOOKS

25.ANTLERS

26.ANGEL HAZE

27.ALT-J

28.AIR

29.JASON COLLETT

30.BLANCHEBLANCHEBLANCHE

31.MAGNETIC FIELDS

32.TY SEGALL BAND

33.TITLE FIGHT

edit: oof.. i just added about 10 more albums to this list. maybe it's best that i hold off on a list until february.

because it's probably best that EVERYONE holds off until february.

HOW CAN YOU MAKE A BEST OF 2012 WITHOUT EVEN CONSIDERING BIG BOI??!?!?

God awful my ass. That album was GREAT. Far superior than Introducing, and I LOVED Introducing.

IF IT'S NOT FLAMINGO TRIGGER THEN IT DOESNT EVEN FUCKING EXIST

and the fact that no one (including spin) are even talking about the jealous sound makes me wonder where the hell y'all's ears have been.

and fucking oceania bros.c'mon now.