PO: The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law

and why the hell did they use 2 songs that have already been released in one way or another! I hate when bands put songs on a new album, when the songs are old and clearly recorded at a different time/place...than the others....makes it less cohesive

??

"This Ladder Is Ours" and "Cholla" were always preview singles for the record and were definitely recorded with the rest...

??

"This Ladder Is Ours" and "Cholla" were always preview singles for the record and were definitely recorded with the rest...

you may be right but I thought "ladder" was used with one of the Twilight soundtracks..ive had that track forever! 

But I could be wrong...i thought I also remember having cholla as a vinyl b side of a 7" from the last album?

you may be right but I thought "ladder" was used with one of the Twilight soundtracks..ive had that track forever! 

But I could be wrong...i thought I also remember having cholla as a vinyl b side of a 7" from the last album?

"Endtapes" was the song from the Twilight soundtrack, unless "Ladder" got shoved on this last one? (Wikipedia says that wasn't the case.)

The b-side to "Whirring" was "Chwyrilo", which is an acoustic Welsh language version of the a-side. "Cholla" is a completely different, brand new song.

They have both been on iTunes since November (?), but, again, as singles promoting the album. Technically "Wolf's Law" - hidden away after track 11 - has been out since then to as it appeared on the UK "Cholla" EP. They specifically said it wasn't going to be on the album, so its inclusion is a pleasant surprise.

Cool! you know your Joy Formidable~!!! LOL 

yea your right! I was a little off! Chwyrilo and Cholla are so close! lol

and it was end tapes! 

on more listens I really do like some of these songs! especially the latter songs...but overall it doesnt hold a candle to the debut which was a masterpiece! cheers

Just saw the updated tour dates. Definitely going to try to see them again in Boston!

That sucks if the LP is delayed. Hopefully it isn't too long. Also, according to Facebook it looks like the hummingbird pins included in the deluxe box are going to be used as aftershow/backstage passes for the upcoming UK gigs at least. A really cool idea!

I guess people who preordered the standard LP got this email:

Thank you for pre-ordering The Joy Formidable's Wolf's Law vinyl LP. Unfortunately, due to a production delay, we were unable to ship your order for the vinyl in time for today's release. The vinyl will begin shipping Thursday, January 24th, and should arrive by the end of January. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause you.

So they should be out in stores by next week at the latest. I don't think there's a delay on the boxset though.

I guess people who preordered the standard LP got this email:

Thank you for pre-ordering The Joy Formidable's Wolf's Law vinyl LP. Unfortunately, due to a production delay, we were unable to ship your order for the vinyl in time for today's release. The vinyl will begin shipping Thursday, January 24th, and should arrive by the end of January. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause you.

So they should be out in stores by next week at the latest. I don't think there's a delay on the boxset though.

Thanks for posting that. Saves me a trek out to Other Music in the 15 degree weather to come back empty handed.

Guess it's the stream rip I made for another week for me.

• 2 weeks later...