365 Day Music Project

yo VCers,

Because I'm a masochist, I've decided to go through a select number (358 plus 7 for a week of Christmas tunes) of the records I own, listen to one each day the whole way through without skipping or shuffling, and write about it.

onerecordperday.com

it's probably too ambitious and I'll likely quit by my birthday (next month). But I REALLY want to get the whole way through.

It's nothing flashy or anything, just some words, but if you get bored, check it out. It'd mean a lot to me.

Thanks.

This is cool. Not crazy about what you've written about so far, but it'll still be neat to watch how you change as a writer and maybe how your taste in music evolves. I'll definitely try to keep up with this.

This is cool. Not crazy about what you've written about so far, but it'll still be neat to watch how you change as a writer and maybe how your taste in music evolves. I'll definitely try to keep up with this.

That's kind of the point of the project. My tastes have definitely changed over time too, so I think it'll be good to see the whole scope should/when I complete it.

Thanks for having a look at it.

I don't know exactly what your goals are. If you want people to read this, you have to be quicker. A paragraph, maybe list a couple standout tracks.

If this is your journal essentially and you are just trying to capture your thoughts on digital paper, then you are doing fine. You are quickly going to rack up a ton of words writing that much a day and only maybe your closest friends are going to spend the time reading it all.

I really like what you're doing here, I read through the first four days just now.If you kept this going I'd definitely read it. Hopefully I'll be introduced to a lot of new music. Right now I'm giving Thursday a listen, never heard enough by them to keep me digging for more of their music, but maybe I'll be more interested and listen to some more of their stuff. Awesome job so far on the blog/diary

I don't know exactly what your goals are. If you want people to read this, you have to be quicker. A paragraph, maybe list a couple standout tracks.

If this is your journal essentially and you are just trying to capture your thoughts on digital paper, then you are doing fine. You are quickly going to rack up a ton of words writing that much a day and only maybe your closest friends are going to spend the time reading it all.

There's a goals/explanation page.

Anybody can do a paragraph, and I'm sure it's been done before. But there's a market out there for longform stuff too.

I really like what you're doing here, I read through the first four days just now.If you kept this going I'd definitely read it. Hopefully I'll be introduced to a lot of new music. Right now I'm giving Thursday a listen, never heard enough by them to keep me digging for more of their music, but maybe I'll be more interested and listen to some more of their stuff. Awesome job so far on the blog/diary

thanks!

There's a goals/explanation page.

Anybody can do a paragraph, and I'm sure it's been done before. But there's a market out there for longform stuff too.

I think you will get readers when you have 4 review. When you have 350, people will get overwhelmed, unless they were with you all along.

Maybe that's me just saying "I like what you are doing but am too lazy to follow all this". If you have readers, don't listen to me and do your thing.

Not understanding how any of these posts are considered too long. Each one can be read through without skimming within a minute or two. This is really cool stuff, I'll keep up.

thanks!

if it makes it any easier to follow, I'm "simulcasting" the posts on a Tumblr: http://onerecordperday.tumblr.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Special bump for a special post tonight: http://onerecordperday.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/day-71-76-the-chariot-wars-and-rumors-of-wars/

I was selected as one of hundreds of entries for an Old Space "interview" with the character from their new ad campaign, Mr. Wolfdog. The whole post is about that and not about the Chariot. hahaha.