Beach Fossils "Clash The Truth" (Captured Tracks)

Guest deathbydrums

"Those who of you who follow us on Facebook may've read our website crashed when the pre-order for Beach Fossils "Clash The Truth" went live. Unfortunately the product counter in our web store reset and didn't deduct quantities quick enough as orders were coming in, thus our overselling the limited edition LP. I'm extremely sorry to say that they're all gone now as we shipped orders in the order they were received."

Kudos to you guys for keeping your cool. There will be some freaking cuss words spat here if I get this notice.

PS My package still doesn't look like its shipped unless the "tracking number" is not true tracking for international shipments. Fingers crossed.

Sorry dudes. : /

Kudos to you guys for keeping your cool. There will be some freaking cuss words spat here if I get this notice.

I'm frustrated, but I know that occasionally stuff gets fucked up in our mail order too. Being good friends with the guy who runs our online store, I just imagine myself bitching him out and it calms me down. Also, I think the person who would get yelled at via email is sometimes (often?) not the person directly responsible for the error. Especially in this case if it's primarily a website problem.

It does help me put things in perspective that it's a small operation vs a giant corporation. If it were a big corporation they would have no excuse.

so, has anyone taken the time to talk about this album yet?

i'm on my 3rd listen, and before this, it wasn't doing anything for me. i think their debut of distortion was too much for my ears to handle the first couple times, but i'm digging it this time around. 

i think the s/t and ep were just such easy listens that i expected the exact same from them. instead, the listener almost has to work their way through the album to find the sound that made them so great.

i'm on my 3rd listen, and before this, it wasn't doing anything for me. i think their debut of distortion was too much for my ears to handle the first couple times, but i'm digging it this time around. 

i think the s/t and ep were just such easy listens that i expected the exact same from them. instead, the listener almost has to work their way through the album to find the sound that made them so great.

Yeah. The first time I listened to this album I was really not into it, but I think it was primarily because I was expecting it to sound pretty close to the clean simplistic style that the debut and EP had. My biggest issue at first was the vocal mixing, because it seemed like they were so far back in the mix (especially when compared to the older stuff.) But, now that I've listened to this album about a million times, I really love it. It still has the catchiness of the last few releases, but it is much more reflective of their live sound. I always like when bands go in a new direction, it's just hard to make the transition into that stuff if it's a drastic change from their previous material.

I loved it from the drop.  Its my kind of record.  My favorite release of the year, so far.

Guest deathbydrums

Got this yesterday... thanks CapTrax! So for anyone else international... it is not a true tracking number that you receive. Also, if one of you guys who got stiffed a copy and posted above still can't get one give me a shout ( but look on discogs first they have a few reasonably priced ones right now - shipping to Me was steep and then shipping from Canada to you would be about $15).

This will be in my top 3 most spun with 2 other Captured Tracks artists:

Mac DeMarco

Wild Nothing

Beach Fossils

Just got my package from Captured Tracks and now I have 2 extra silk screened versions that I purchased from Amoeba because I never thought I'd get anything from the label. Anyone still looking for these? Shoot me your lists or we can do cost + shipping.

pm'd

• 1 month later...