The COMMUNITY Thread

They've already got syndication. Comedy Central already bought the rights

Yeah, but it'd still be smart to produce more to get picked up by even more channels. And I know the "88/100 episodes" thing isn't law or anything. Arrested Development is syndicated, for example, but every bit helps. 

I'm rewatching the series on hulu because I gave up on it early on and then started watching it again later when people where talking about how good it has become.  Honestly these past two episodes go way overboard on the weird department.  Everyone had their quirks but now everyone is just looney its almost unwatchable.

what's crazy is that going into their current seasons, parks had like 10(?) more total episodes than community

Even though Parks and Rec is already on Season 5, you gotta remember that Season 1 was a very brisk 6 episodes. Community has had full seasons ordered until this season. I've done some sniffing around the interwebz and from what I can tell (and it makes total sense), Parks and Rec is most likely going to be renewed for another season just because of the fact that there isn't much else established for their Thursday Comedy slots. That and their ratings have been very decent as far as NBC's standards go.

Even though Parks and Rec is already on Season 5, you gotta remember that Season 1 was a very brisk 6 episodes. Community has had full seasons ordered until this season. I've done some sniffing around the interwebz and from what I can tell (and it makes total sense), Parks and Rec is most likely going to be renewed for another season just because of the fact that there isn't much else established for their Thursday Comedy slots. That and their ratings have been very decent as far as NBC's standards go.

yeah. i know.

How do you become one?

I don't know. Never really looked into it. I think they send something in the mail, almost like they have to have an interest in knowing what you are watching. My family got something in the mail a long time ago, and I think it had something to do with Nielsen. A quick google search can find the answer, I'm sure.

Update: After some searching, my thoughts were correct. FAQ at the following link

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/about-us/nielsen-families.html

My family didn't go through with it, but if I ever get the chance, I'm accepting.

Not even gonna lie, that whole Nigerian bank bit they just did might be the low point of the series.

Also, getting a tad tired of the saying something, and then rhyming it with a famous person thing. It was funny when they used it sparingly, but I think they've done it in all 3 episodes so far.

Okay, this was a rough episode. And I'd say deserving of the critics calling it perhaps the worst episode the show's done. Previously, my least favorite was 'The Art of Discourse' but this easily outdoes it. The jokes just seemed so uninspired, which was ironic considering Shirley's thinly veiled speech during the focus testing.

the chemistry that joel and allison had in the hotel lobby was all i needed. i thought the cast as a whole had done a nice job of getting into character for this episode than the previous two.

Annie was acting pretty kooky most of the episode, but I think Alison played it well enough that I didn't mind it. I really liked the scene on the couch between them, though. I'm not really pulling for a Jeff/Annie relationship, but that scene was much better than the one in like the UN episode.

i don't care what they are, as long as there's that kind of energy between them. 

britta and troy are seeming to make more sense. the fact the sex is involved probably helps.

and abed's "winger"ing was magnificent.

There were definitely some smart moments in this episode.  Particularly how they make fun of the US taking foreign shows and dumbing them down for American audiences.

Also the idea for Abed meeting a British penpal at an Inspector Spacetime conference was an idea back from the Harmon days.  The original idea was for that character to be played by Richard Ayoade, but unfortunately that didn't seem to pan out.

There were definitely some smart moments in this episode.  Particularly how they make fun of the US taking foreign shows and dumbing them down for American audiences.

Also the idea for Abed meeting a British penpal at an Inspector Spacetime conference was an idea back from the Harmon days.  The original idea was for that character to be played by Richard Ayoade, but unfortunately that didn't seem to pan out.

He would've been hilarious, love that guy.

Also, this episode needed many more Blogons than just the first 15 seconds of the episode.

you know what this episodes real problem was?

inspector spacetime. enough of this shit. i could not care any less about the show inside of the show that i care so much about.

Hopefully they will pull away from the Abed focus, and by extension Inspector, after his little moment of clarity last night. They still need to (unfortunately) deal with Chang and his changnesia and also with Jeff's Dad and with their history class which should have at least 1 or 2 episodes dedicated to it considering who they got as professor.

A lot to pack into such a short season.