The COMMUNITY Thread

the only.. and i mean only issue i had with digital estate planning was that it was awkwardly shoe-horned into the season. i'm pretty sure that was a result of the hiatus, but story-wise, it didn't belong there.

i just watched it wednesday night.. so great.

so mr. ry i watched both the new girl and community tonight.  in conclusion new girl > community.  

i said it before but new girl actually makes me laugh out loud.  community didn't do that tonight. 

sure the episode had some good parts but overall it was just meh for me.

lates.

zoey's boobs drove me bonkers. never knew they were so good.

i'll be honest, i didn't give new girl any credit. it has since become a must-see show. it's humor is much more conventional, but i'm not taking anything away from it with that. community is a show that you need to really get into. it's a comedy written so that you can't really just pop on for an episode here and there, because it probably won't make any sense.

the laugh out loud is there. you'll find it.

People keep telling me I look and act like Nick from New Girl. I'll probably start watching it just to see if I agree. And Zoey is my dream girl.

Depends, Nick has gone from a quiet odd dude to a "fake" awkward guy in the newest season. They have been trying to hard to make him like Zoeys character. 

Depends, Nick has gone from a quiet odd dude to a "fake" awkward guy in the newest season. They have been trying to hard to make him like Zoeys character. 

odd and awkward seem like they work together.  not sure why you think he is fake.  last time i checked the moonwalk was far from it.   pretty sure i saw this relationship coming along time ago, so i don't see them as trying to hard.

sorry bread for derailing this thread.......so yeah

to me i think this episode really lacked the presence of annie's cleavage.  huge let down.

odd and awkward seem like they work together.  not sure why you think he is fake.  last time i checked the moonwalk was far from it.   pretty sure i saw this relationship coming along time ago, so i don't see them as trying to hard.

sorry bread for derailing this thread.......so yeah

to me i think this episode really lacked the presence of annie's cleavage.  huge let down.

His character just seems like hes trying to hard at times to be weird/awkward, which comes natural to Jess. I wasn't referring to the nick and jess relationship, which was obvious from the beginning, i was referring to the fact that Nicks character is acting to much like Jess now. 

Community just isn't as funny as it used to be. Hopefully they get back into plausible situations, rather than all these ridiculous events that have been happening.  

His character just seems like hes trying to hard at times to be weird/awkward, which comes natural to Jess. I wasn't referring to the nick and jess relationship, which was obvious from the beginning, i was referring to the fact that Nicks character is acting to much like Jess now. 

Community just isn't as funny as it used to be. Hopefully they get back into plausible situations, rather than all these ridiculous events that have been happening.  

i can see where you are coming from, but i just feel that he has been like that from the beginning.   i should note i missed alot of the 1st season so i may have missed some things.  either way i back both those points.

So glad Andy Bobrow can assess his own episode like this. From an interview he did before it aired...

What sticks out to you to as being too ambitious as far as moments in the opener go?

In the episode, we're doing an Abed fantasy sequence, a movie parody,
animation, recasting Pierce, the multi-cam trick, Abed descending into a
psychotic break, a movie parody, Dean in a dress, establishing Troy and
Britta's relationship – which we didn't do very well. It just ends up
being sort of a free-standing scene – trying to do a C-story with
Shirley and Annie. When I look at that whole mess, I guess I can say, on
the positive side, it's amazing that we worked it all together because
there's so much going on. Then, I [feel] we shouldn't have done that
much stuff. When I look at it, the critiques that I'm anticipating are
"This is a sign of new showrunners trying desperately to assure die-hard
fans that we're still gonna be the same." Especially, that we threw in
animation. We tried to do an Abed's descent into madness [story] that
admittedly doesn't work half as well as Abed's Christmas madness story.
Maybe the review that I'm anticipating is there's a hint of desperation
in the season opener. There's too many tricks and because of that, we're
robbing from actual storytelling.

If we did it over again, I wouldn't have done a Troy/Britta story or a Shirley/Annie story. I would have lumped everyone into The Hunger Games,
and just done those two stories. Some version of people competing to
get into a class, paired with Abed seeing the world differently in
multi-camera. It would have just made it two stories instead of five
[LAUGHS].