The COMMUNITY Thread

i hope you are joking, because you didn't like a damn one. :)

used the rest of my Friday ones!

Sadly you can tell the show-runners influences are clearly missing this season

But I like how they involved Chevy this season. Its a bit obvious He didn't want to be there but they found a way to make his minimal screen time work instead of axing him all together.

Ry,

Last nights episode felt so off to me I was really surprised to learn Megan Ganz wrote it as she has written some of my favorite Community episodes. 

I liked their Calvin and Hobbes costume but i didn't understand the point of that episode and I didn't laugh very much. 

A couple good lines, maybe its me but it feels like trying too hard. 

It's so weird to me that I was in such a minority last week not thinking the episode was great. And then people like this one less when it was even closer to a typical Community episode. Agree that they're trying hard. And it's a Halloween episode so its main purpose isn't to advance the plot a bunch - even though it did with the Jeff's dad storyline. And then a nice Pierce moment at the end.

Btw, to me it feels like they're firing off jokes at maybe too rapid a pace. Makes them feel a little less like people and more like joke receptacles.

Also Troy's one of my favorite characters still but his devolution from banging random girls in the bathroom to now seemingly being oblivious about sex is kind of strange.

troy said something that made me laugh pretty good.. but i forget which part. maybe in the secret dogs room? but he also killed me with the "some stuff, not all the stuff"

it just wasnt funny, i didnt laugh out loud once the entire episode.

lol k.

Troy when he broke the control was pretty much on par with the best jokes from the premier. And I thought Jeff and Britta had some good exchanges.

And I realize it's all subjective so you don't gotta go posting in caps lock again.

i just watched it again, and it was definitely a good episode. through the whole series, there are a lot of episodes that don't specialize in laugh out loud humor.. and this was one that went a little heavy on heart.

i'm worried about abed and the dean. i'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it seems like their characters are on autopilot headed straight for doom.

last night's biggest problem was that it was followed by one of the all time best episodes of parks & rec.

I didn't get to see P&R and won't be able to until tomorrow. That makes me excited.

I couldn't agree more about the Dean, especially since I used to think he was the second funniest character behind Britta. Abed is mostly going the same direction as last season. I'm not a fan, so I'm with you there too.

I also think Annie is boring but they haven't really done anything drastic with her which explains her sort of stasis.

i just watched it again, and it was definitely a good episode. through the whole series, there are a lot of episodes that don't specialize in laugh out loud humor.. and this was one that went a little heavy on heart.

i'm worried about abed and the dean. i'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it seems like their characters are on autopilot headed straight for doom.

last night's biggest problem was that it was followed by one of the all time best episodes of parks & rec.

I'm taking you at your word. :D I freaking love Parks and Rec, and if it's the all-time best episode, then it's gonna be awesome. I gotta catch up on the last couple episodes. I hope it (Parks & Rec) doesn't get canceled. I've heard rumors this might be the last season. NBC won't have any comedies left after this season if that happens.

30 Rock is done, The Office is nearing the end, Community is not gonna last past this shortened season 4 with the ratings it is getting and Parks and Rec has consistently been my favorite of all the Thursday comedies on NBC but it hasn't performed very well with the ratings either. This fall is definitely going to be interesting on the rainbow peacock channel.