Comadre Breaking Up

No, I can't find it man. Maybe it was the B9 boards. But looking over there I see in their thread about this, there is a few people with similar comments of it being known. Maybe a Vitriol newsletter? I don't know, but I did remember hearing about a full US tour before they called it quits, guess not though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Comadre was cool but they weren't doing anything unheard of (as far as Northern CA/Seattle Post-Hardcore goes). It's hard enough to have a dedicated fan base on the West Coast, it's even worse when every other band tries to sound like the Blood Brothers or HeavyHeavyLowLow.

In fact, I'd argue that Comadre's best song is a cover song:

I don't think that's a negative thing, BTW.

Still sucks they're gone. They did do great collaborations with other artists. I have quite a few of their 7"s. Will eventually get their final LP when I have disposable cash-monies, given it's still available.

Comadre was cool but they weren't doing anything unheard of (as far as Northern CA/Seattle Post-Hardcore goes). It's hard enough to have a dedicated fan base on the West Coast, it's even worse when every other band tries to sound like the Blood Brothers or HeavyHeavyLowLow.

In fact, I'd argue that Comadre's best song is a cover song:

I don't think that's a negative thing, BTW.

Still sucks they're gone. They did do great collaborations with other artists. I have quite a few of their 7"s. Will eventually get their final LP when I have disposable cash-monies, given it's still available.

I guess for me, they've always had a fresh sound. Being on the east coast I can always hear the "west coast sound" in certain bands. It's almost like a really raw screamo version of hardcore. I love it, and Comadre has always hit me in that spot. 

I know there is plenty of fucking bands that are DIY as fuck, but I always felt like they had a certain passion that I didn't get from most bands. I recently bought an older pressing of Burn Your Bones and it had the original outer sleeve w/ original promo sticker which says "This cost less than $10 to make, pay accordingly" That's whats up. Also, they are comprised of two sets of brothers and a good friend. Same 5 dudes from beginning to end, you don't see that very often anymore, especially in hardcore.

Anyways, sense you're a west coaster you should recommend me some bands. I listen to a lot of No Sir, La Bella, Punch, Loma Prieta, and Beau Navire..among others. Anything?

You should also sell me some of those Comadre 7''s on the cheap!

I guess for me, they've always had a fresh sound. Being on the east coast I can always hear the "west coast sound" in certain bands. It's almost like a really raw screamo version of hardcore. I love it, and Comadre has always hit me in that spot. 

I know there is plenty of fucking bands that are DIY as fuck, but I always felt like they had a certain passion that I didn't get from most bands. I recently bought an older pressing of Burn Your Bones and it had the original outer sleeve w/ original promo sticker which says "This cost less than $10 to make, pay accordingly" That's whats up. Also, they are comprised of two sets of brothers and a good friend. Same 5 dudes from beginning to end, you don't see that very often anymore, especially in hardcore.

Anyways, sense you're a west coaster you should recommend me some bands. I listen to a lot of No Sir, La Bella, Punch, Loma Prieta, and Beau Navire..among others. Anything?

You should also sell me some of those Comadre 7''s on the cheap!

Honestly dude you're probably more tuned in than I am. Bands like that tend to tour out of state. CA's independant music scene just sucks. The kids are weird here, they don't go to independent shows and don't support touring bands. Small venues come and go all the time. It was probably hard for Comadre to build a following in CA outside of their region, which is BS but it happens often.

Think I'm gonna hang onto those 7"s BTW  ;)

Honestly dude you're probably more tuned in than I am. Bands like that tend to tour out of state. CA's independant music scene just sucks. The kids are weird here, they don't go to independent shows and don't support touring bands. Small venues come and go all the time. It was probably hard for Comadre to build a following in CA outside of their region, which is BS but it happens often.

Think I'm gonna hang onto those 7"s BTW  ;)

This is true. Thats probably why bands hardly ever come out here. They are looking for the "next cool thing"

This is crazy to me! I feel like you guys get a lot of tours hitting up CA. Not that I don't believe you, but I catch shows constantly, so I'm always checking tours and what not. That does suck though, sorry kids don't give a shit. East coast FTW?