Bates Motel

Rip

yeah, she definitely is and knows what she is doing when she does it.

knowing now that norman blocks out his angry side, i definitely think norman killed his dad in the first ep and just blocked it out like he did the meat cleaver.  really liked the scene with the two brothers on the couch.  i thought i wouldn't like the dynamic with dylan there, but so far he's made it pretty interesting and is a very likable character you can sympathize with.

looking forward to this with date night tonight.  minor league ball game, reverse happy hour, and then bates motel.

Awesome!

Anyone catch the latest episode? I'm enjoying the growing relationship between Norman and Dylan.

I agree, I really like his brother. I am curious to see if their relationship continues to grow or just end abruptly. Either way Dylan gave Norman that stud advice to go hang out with that nice blonde girl.

Its insane how face paced this show is.  After last nights episode, does anyone else think Bradley killed herself?  in the episode before my girlfriend noticed she had cuts on her wrist.  it would definitely be interesting if she is dead and to see how Norman copes with it.  They probably didn't kill her off, but it would rock Normans world if they did.  Also sets up more of a Emma/Norman love story line.

So much happened last night, Shelby stealing the evidence, Ethan being shot, Dylan running down that crackhead, Norman and Emma finding the asian girl, and Norma realizing that Shelby is a very bad guy.  

Don't know how they can keep going and hitting the gas more and more each episode.

Its insane how face paced this show is.  After last nights episode, does anyone else think Bradley killed herself?  in the episode before my girlfriend noticed she had cuts on her wrist.  it would definitely be interesting if she is dead and to see how Norman copes with it.  They probably didn't kill her off, but it would rock Normans world if they did.  Also sets up more of a Emma/Norman love story line.

You're too right. In any other series what happened in tonight's episode would have been the discoveries of the end of the season or something. I hope Bradley isn't dead, apart from doubling on his brother's motorbike, boning her is the only thing that puts a smile on poor Norman's face.

You're too right. In any other series what happened in tonight's episode would have been the discoveries of the end of the season or something. I hope Bradley isn't dead, apart from doubling on his brother's motorbike, boning her is the only thing that puts a smile on poor Norman's face.

haha the motorcycle scene was great.

speaking of smiles, carlton cuse doing the 'previously on bates motel' always puts a smile on mine. i wish he would start podcasting episode summaries and taking questions like he did with LOST.

we also had a successful viewing party of 9 watching it last night.

Its insane how face paced this show is.  After last nights episode, does anyone else think Bradley killed herself?

I read this yesterday before I watched the episode, got this far into the post and stopped reading. I was pissed because I thought the episode would be ruined. Glad I watched it. SO much happened, and I think you're on to something malonekw.

I read this yesterday before I watched the episode, got this far into the post and stopped reading. I was pissed because I thought the episode would be ruined. Glad I watched it. SO much happened, and I think you're on to something malonekw.

yeah with everything else that went down, that post just scratched the surface.

also, i was checking out ratings numbers earlier and saw a sentence synopsis and although not too spoilery, pretty exciting.

in a couple eps from now, bates motel will have its first guest in the motel

also, a theory that looks like it was killed was a theory my friend had that watched with us.  since there is a good chance norman killed his dad and norma is protecting him, he thought maybe norman killed keith, but what we saw is what norman thinks he saw and that was his mom kill keith.  however, since then she said, "i killed the crap out of hm" unless he imagines her saying what he wants to hear too, similar to the "get the belt" scene.

and this show continues to move at a crazy speed. i liked seeing dylan help norma and her running up to hug him after shelby hit the deck. the actor that plays norman is amazing, that scene in the kitchen where he was getting ready to attack shelby was just awesome. definitely predicted that norman killed his father, but it was still cool to see how it all went down from point a to point b. the backlash of this night will be interesting, come next ep. from the promo, looks like bates motel will also have their first visitor.

4 more episodes left.

I guess I'm starting to feel some sympathy for Norma. Seeing Norman kill her husband (even though he gave her a shiner) and having to drag his body to the garage would not have been easy on her, plus knowing that Norman has these brain snaps to where he legitimately doesn't know what he's done lays quite a burden on her. So maybe her sheltering deemed unnecessary is quite the opposite. 

I agree though Malone, this show is going at quite an insane speed, but somehow they can get away with not slowing down.

I guess I'm starting to feel some sympathy for Norma. Seeing Norman kill her husband (even though he gave her a shiner) and having to drag his body to the garage would not have been easy on her, plus knowing that Norman has these brain snaps to where he legitimately doesn't know what he's done lays quite a burden on her. So maybe her sheltering deemed unnecessary is quite the opposite. 

I agree though Malone, this show is going at quite an insane speed, but somehow they can get away with not slowing down.

yeah, i wonder if that was when she realized norman had these brain snaps or if she had seen several cases of it growing up.   i'm guessing she had to see him do it before and thats why he had always been sheltered and nourished unlike Dylan.  

love that this show has a lot of grey area and allows us to ask those questions.  really can't believe shelby is done.  i'm guessing he is just a very small piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things as far as the asian slave trade thing goes and the city doings.  wonder if we will revisit the cabin.

also, interesting that he knew what dylan had been up to.