cesar11

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Sorry for bumping this but I feel as if you all should get some sort of an update on the whole situation. Some of you know what's been happening but for those who don't:

These past 3 weeks have been...rough, to say the least. On May 10th, my mom got admitted into Kaiser because she couldn't breath normally and had gained 30 pounds in ONE week from some new meds she was given. Her body had developed liquid that reached her lungs and was making her liver worse and worse every day. She started dialysis, was depended on oxygen to breath, couldn't walk or eat.

Last Monday I thought that was it. I'm not going to get into detail but let's just say that I lost my mom for a good 2 minutes but luckily she came back. She's a fucking warrior, that woman. This past Sunday, 5 doctors went into her room and said that if she doesn't have this transplant soon, she'd have no more than 4 weeks to live. I don't know how or what happened in the universe or if people's prayers/positive vibes (if you believe in that, I sure as hell do) came to us, but this past Monday night at 11PM, the nurse came in and said "UCLA is on their way right now. You're getting transferred to their facilities and should be having both a liver and kidney transplant by next week".

Dudes. I don't think I've ever cried out of joy in my life like I did in that moment. So now she's at UCLA getting ready for everything.

I just really wanna say thanks again for all your previous messages that I was reading in those times when I thought life couldn't suck anymore than it did in that time and for this raffle again.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. A HUGE update. This morning at 5:30AM, my sister called me and gave me the news that after 3 months of waiting, we finally got a donor and the transplant was gonna happen TODAY. The new liver is already in place and they're doing the kidney right now as I type this in the waiting room. Huge huge thanks to all of you again.