Eton Rukus Solar

Just bought this because sitting inside all day is for suckers if you live in Florida.   Yes I will be bluetooth-ing vinyl needledrops from time to time.  Anyone else got a fun boombox/portable speaker?

61ygJkTf3aL._SL1119_.jpg

"Bluetooth-ing vinyl remotely" kind of beats the purpose of playing vinyl entirely, doesn't it?  

:Runs in and out of house every 15 minutes to flip sides:

:Listens to sub-par sound quality from vinyl streamed over bluetooth:

Seriously, just listen to mp3s. Do you really need the vinyl experience while you're outside watering your lawn or some shit?  Not that you're going to get that experience from this fancy, space age contraption anyway.

I don't know why people have to make this hobby into a competition between digital and analog.  Sure, I prefer the latter, but former can sound pretty damn good as well.

Seriously, just listen to mp3s. Do you really need the vinyl experience while you're outside watering your lawn or some shit?  Not that you're going to get that experience from this fancy, space age contraption anyway.

I don't know why people have to make this hobby into a competition between digital and analog.  Sure, I prefer the latter, but former can sound pretty damn good as well.

I don't really mind listening to high quality digital files at all.  Sometimes its better for me when I'm in the mood for convenience anyways.  Though, the more and more I get the sound upgrade bug, the less I've been listening to my huge library of mp3s.

LOL.... I was kidding it's all mp3s.  I'd have to drag my macbook air along or mod my droid to do lossless.

You don't need to mod your droid to do lossless.  Cheap app called poweramp plays FLACs (as well as a million other digital music files) no problem.  I'm sure there are plenty of other free apps you can find in the Play Store too that can handle lossless, I just prefer Poweramp's interface and capabilities with a wide range of file formats.

You don't really need to mod a Droid for much, most everything you will ever need can be downloaded off the internet or found buried somewhere within the Play Store.  An iPhone definitely requires a jailbreak though to unlock it's full capabilities.

You don't need to mod your droid to do lossless.  Cheap app called poweramp plays FLACs (as well as a million other digital music files) no problem.  I'm sure there are plenty of other free apps you can find in the Play Store too that can handle lossless, I just prefer Poweramp's interface and capabilities with a wide range of file formats.

What's the best way to USB transfer said files?  I remember Poweramp or some other app being problematic (finding files or not playing 24-bit... something like that).

What's the best way to USB transfer said files?  I remember Poweramp or some other app being problematic (finding files or not playing 24-bit... something like that).

your phone/tablet probably isn't going to handle 24 bit files very well (I'm not sure what phone/tablet you're using so I guess its worth a shot though).  Poweramp will play them on my phone but there's an annoying tick.  Also, I believe your phone/tablet will probably downsample it to 16 bit anyways.  I'd recommend just throwing regular FLAC files on it due to space limitations.  Just plug your phone into your computer and drag/drop your music files onto your phone's music folder, very much like the way you would copy files over in windows.  When you start up Poweramp it automatically scans your folders to look for new music files.

Simple as that.