Denver Record Stores for RSD

Twist and Shout is pretty much guaranted to have everything you want and enough copies.As far as parking, you do realize that their is a 4 level parking garage attached. A movie theater is also attached. That garge is never totally full with nobody ever really on the upper level. The movie theater will not be open when the store opens so enough space will be had.

Wax Trax will have a good selection but will be limited.

Independent will be worthless. Black and Read will have stuff

I stopped by Independent when I was in Denver in February. Virtually no new vinyl. I also spent RSD 2010 in Denver. I started at Wax Trax (they opened first) then caught the bus to Independent and then to Twist & Shout. Independent had lots of RSD stuff that year but it was way pricier then the other two stores.

Fun fact, on that RSD, I ran into Virgil at Twist & Shout. On my February trip this year, I went looking for him at Illegal Pete's, but didn't see him.

Just curious, why is Independant Records worthless?

It caters mostly to hip hop and cds. It does not have a large vinyl selection and they will get 1 of whatever RSD releases they get.

They are usually the most expensive of the Denver area record stores. Their used selcetion is all dollar bin stuff.

Black and Read is also getting really expensive for new releases but you can find some really good used stuff and its all quality

I usually avoid RSD, but my preferred record store in the Denver area is Waxtrax, their vinyl store is a couple doors down from the cd store with some comic book shop in between.   There is a great vibe to the store and they have a good selection and you can fine some pretty good used stuff there too.  Twist and Shout is a solid store as well so make sure you hit them up.  As far as Independent Records, they really are not worth checking out, they dont have much vinyl and a lot of their used stuff is sketchy especially for the price.  

I'll echo others:

Twist and Shout will pretty much get everything and have the most copies.  It will also have the most people/idiots/hoarders.

Wax Trax will get a lot of stuff, but not as much as T&S.  Is a great store though, so stick around and check out their inventory. 

Independent likely won't get much and generally is not worth going to.  However, every first or third Saturday (can't remember which) they do sales on vinyl.  Last time I went it was 20% off all vinyl and 50% anything with a green sale sticker. Not sure if they still do that; haven't been there in a while. 

Black and Read:  Great store and great selection of new and used.  Make the trip if you can. 

Atomic Records: Worst record store I've ever been to.  Don't bother.

Independent likely won't get much and generally is not worth going to.  However, every first or third Saturday (can't remember which) they do sales on vinyl.  Last time I went it was 20% off all vinyl and 50% anything with a green sale sticker. Not sure if they still do that; haven't been there in a while. 

This is why I was asking about Independent  I got some steals from them a few years ago. I took a trip from Salt Lake to Denver to see The Dead Weather and decided to go check out Independent before the show. They had a display of albums (brand new and sealed) for $0.33 each, which was pretty unbelievable. I got 31 records for $11 and some change, some of the records being Weirdo Rippers by No Age, a Stone Roses picture disc , two Parts & Labor albums, All but two of the Radiohead singles released by Capitol, etc. I haven't been back since then, and I was wondering if sales like that were a regular thing?

This is why I was asking about Independent  I got some steals from them a few years ago. I took a trip from Salt Lake to Denver to see The Dead Weather and decided to go check out Independent before the show. They had a display of albums (brand new and sealed) for $0.33 each, which was pretty unbelievable. I got 31 records for $11 and some change, some of the records being Weirdo Rippers by No Age, a Stone Roses picture disc , two Parts & Labor albums, All but two of the Radiohead singles released by Capitol, etc. I haven't been back since then, and I was wondering if sales like that were a regular thing?

I'm not sure.  I've gotten some cool stuff for pretty cheap (like the Wilco Kicking TV RSD box set from a few years ago for $20, Mastodon Blood Mountain 45 rpm 2LP for $10, etc.) and sometimes they have random OOP stuff for reasonable prices.  It's hit or miss though.  I think it's worth checking out if you don't have any else better to do, but I wouldn't bank on finding something awesome or incredibly cheap.  Those sales seem completely random when they try to clear out old stock.