AthFest 2013

By far my favorite festival ever. Best city in the world, best bars in the world, awesome local bands, what more could you ask for?

Apparently you have plenty to drink before heading to the bars. These are some of the grossest bars in the world - filled with blacked out 18-20 year olds puking all over the place.

Apparently you have plenty to drink before heading to the bars. These are some of the grossest bars in the world - filled with blacked out 18-20 year olds puking all over the place.

If you are a date-rapist that goes to the shit freshmen bars then yes this might be your experience. It's also entirely possible to go to one of the top 10 wine bars in the US (the Globe), one of the top 25 craft beer bars in the world (trapeze), and a huge selection of bars that offer some incredible local and national acts (Max Canada, Farm 255, Caledonia, etc). Some of the music venues also have really great bars, like the rooftop bar at the Georgia Theater and the downstairs at the Melting Point. I wasn't saying every bar there is a gold mine, but there's a pretty easy fix to avoiding those bars... You just avoid them.