PO: Letlive - The Blackest Beautiful

On 4/18/2024 at 7:41 AM, rcafilm said:

I would be very interested in this if they actually released the remaster so we could hear what it sounds like. If it actually sounds like a real album I would love to have this, but I'm not throwing down the cash just to have it ship sounding marginally less awful.

So this is a deep cut but there was a time years ago that they actually had 2 songs that were remastered on a website that were far superior to the ones we got on the album. I can’t find them anywhere but does anyone else remember this? I am guessing that they have had a superior mix that they just never released for some reason and now they are finally releasing it. 

On 4/18/2024 at 7:41 AM, rcafilm said:

I would be very interested in this if they actually released the remaster so we could hear what it sounds like. If it actually sounds like a real album I would love to have this, but I'm not throwing down the cash just to have it ship sounding marginally less awful.

I found one of the two tracks! It’s different than the released one but you can hear how different the sound is compared to what was released. Just scroll down and it’s under his rock category. 

https://charlesmacak.com

Edited by MayCauseDeath

I always wanted to hear what this album sounded like without a blanket over everything, so I'm excited to get this. There's definitely some bands with a sound that the OG production would have worked for - maybe even added to! - but when you've got tracks of fiddly guitars, loads of layers, and percussion everywhere, it was such a weird choice.

Can someone redo ETID's Gutter Phenomenon next please, would love to hear that without the mud guitar tone