PO: Letlive - The Blackest Beautiful

I still haven't made a decision on whether Fake History or this is better. I really think Jason has improved lyrically and vocally (is that the right word?) on this album, but I'm not sure the instrumentation (especially the drums) is as good as Fake History. 

Whoever mastered this album messed up. End of story.

Also this... very much this

PIcked up a black copy from my local shop yesterday and it felt to be standard/a little lighter than most records so id say no on the 180 g but who knows.

It came with the cd as well and it is just the production in general that blows. Only listened to it once but its got some great songs in Fear Fever and 27 Club.

Yeah it straight out says 180 gram on the ebay photo.  So that must be exclusive to the UK.

My copy on clear is probably one of the lightest and thinnest records i own. Still need to listen to it, but im pretty disappointed in the quality of this release. 

It´s a shame how bad the sound quality of the clear vinyl is. It´s still the worst vinyl I´ve ever received. Epitaph should do an call back for that like Toyota did!

All the major labels are crying about the their income at the musicindustry.....did this product make it better?

It´s a pity but I can´t listen to this record although I love this band.

By the way the new Defeater sounds killer ;-)

Did anyone get a black copy of this record?  I see an ebay seller from the UK selling it on 180 gram vinyl.  Was wondering if they were all that heavy, because the clear is certainly not.

Will be interesting If the black vinyl sounds better?!!!

Hey fellas,

unfortunately I can´t agree about the clear vinyl.

Of course I compare the CD with the vinyl (as you can compare these two different mediums so far).

The clear vinyl is super noisy and heavy distorted.

And yes I´ve checkt my settings of the table, cause at first I can´t belive it ;-) But all my other records sounds fine.

At first i thought it sounded like crap too but now my black copy sounds as good/if not better than the cd. You should mess with your tone controls a bit because the mix is just high on bass/mids and low on treble

And exactly thats the point imo. For an vinyl press, in most cases, you have to master different as for an digital medium.

Vinyl can´t handle a bunch of low frequencies. That could be one of the possibility that the vinyl didn´t reach the sound quality like the CD has.

Hey fellas,

unfortunately I can´t agree about the clear vinyl.

Of course I compare the CD with the vinyl (as you can compare these two different mediums so far).

The clear vinyl is super noisy and heavy distorted.

And yes I´ve checkt my settings of the table, cause at first I can´t belive it ;-) But all my other records sounds fine.

And exactly thats the point imo. For an vinyl press, in most cases, you have to master different as for an digital medium.

Vinyl can´t handle a bunch of low frequencies. That could be one of the possibility that the vinyl didn´t reach the sound quality like the CD has.

Wait what? I said my vinyl sounded better than the CD.

Maybe you just got a bad copy?

Just so there's no bias, I tested this record on both my Super Systems.

1. Pro-Ject Carbon (w/ speedbox) ----> Yamaha A-S500 ---> Pioneer HPM-100s

2. Pioneer PL-530 ----> Pioneer SX-980 --->  Boston Acoustics a150s

After careful listening I can confirm that this record sounds like it was recorded in a fucking toilet bowl.  If I cant make a rock record sound good on HPM-100s, then there is clearly something terribly wrong.  Whoever mixed this should get their ears taken away.

The songs themselves are pretty good though, however I could do without the auto-tune/auto-harmonies.

• 10 years later...

11 year anniversary pressing.  Remixed, remastered, new art + bonus tracks

3 variants.  One sold out so far.  Can’t believe no one’s mentioned it yet: https://www.merchbucket.com/collections/let-live

$15 flat shipping makes the total price pretty egregious but whatever.

They’ve also announced a farewell tour that they never gave us for 2025.  No dates have been announced yet.

I had a preorder with Merchbucket ordered that was supposed to ship Spring 2023 and still hasn't shipped for anyone. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this unless they can't live without it. Tragic Hero is hella shady and already went bankrupt once. It definitely makes me glad I got a copy for less than $20 many years ago.

8 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I had a preorder with Merchbucket ordered that was supposed to ship Spring 2023 and still hasn't shipped for anyone. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this unless they can't live without it. Tragic Hero is hella shady and already went bankrupt once. It definitely makes me glad I got a copy for less than $20 many years ago.

Just by coincidence I listened to my OG copy a couple weeks ago (and the first time since I’ve gotten a better table and setup), and it still doesn’t sound that bad to me.  I remember the CD being mixed like garbage but that’s it.

I’m a sucker though and I ended up ordering.  I really love the album and I’m curious to how much better they made it sound plus there’s bonus tracks so 🤷🏻‍♂️.  Of course we don’t know what they are yet.  Probably early demo versions of a couple songs that I won’t care about lol

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

imagine if they choose to celebrate themselves with their good record 

What one is that?  I actually love all of their stuff.  But I know they put out some version of Fake History a couple years ago for its anniversary.  Granted I think it was like… a bunch of demo’s but still.  It’s something at least.  I think the OG for that sounds great so I don't see a reason to remix or remaster that.

On 4/18/2024 at 7:41 AM, rcafilm said:

I would be very interested in this if they actually released the remaster so we could hear what it sounds like. If it actually sounds like a real album I would love to have this, but I'm not throwing down the cash just to have it ship sounding marginally less awful.

This vinyl pressing is remixed and remastered version. It’s not just a repress.