PO: Washed Out/Paracosm

do i have to do everything myself?

-listened to the album 4 times in the last couple days. and i keep finding myself getting completely sidetracked and forgetting that it's on.

-even though, as pitchfork pointed out, the tracks do feel a lot shorter than they are.

-i like it though- in the way that it sounds like all the other washed out music that i like already.

-i'm amused by the signature 'feel it all around' drums are seemingly nodded to right off the bat.

-listened to the album 4 times in the last couple days. and i keep finding myself getting completely sidetracked and forgetting that it's on.

-even though, as pitchfork pointed out, the tracks do feel a lot shorter than they are.

-i like it though- in the way that it sounds like all the other washed out music that i like already.

-i'm amused by the signature 'feel it all around' drums are seemingly nodded to right off the bat.

Jesus christ, you are a douche. Go look at yourself in the mirror some more.

once again, just trying to actually talk about music and not the part where it costs $17.99 plus tax & shipping.

and i don't mean "i liked it" vs "i didn't like it"

saying that i like it even though it sounds like the rest of his music probably came off more backhanded than it was intended. again, i've listened 4 times, and have all 4 releases on shuffle at the moment. it's simply a continuation of a very collected body of work.

o73l0.jpg

Just having fun since you seem to be pretty serious :P

Probably referring to the 250 from the Washed Out Kung Fu Store. He's probably just mis informed. You could also report it to eBay, if you want to take it to that level.

again, i don't understand what kind of hang up people have around here that prevents them from just discussing the actual contents of an album.

You'll never understand because of you're approach. Why not drop the overtly pretentious act, and instead of starting off as 

surprise surprise. 8 pages, and nothing even slightly insightful about the album itself.

Maybe try asking, "Hey all, was wondering what you thought of the album that's barely been released and even though I have the leaked album and you may not, tell me what you think about the record on it's first day, then come back and give me a more in depth review, and then next time edit that review to only 1 paragraph and so forth."

Even something like that is less douchey than your quotes. Because at least my example holds some weight while yours just steps on everyones throat and keeps us beneath you. 

Better yet, start a discussion and name it with the title "Washed Out-Paracosm Discussion" or something like that. Because from what I've read this was a PO thread and yea, that's probably going to be the main thing talked about? Maybe now you understand... a little...?

i'm not going to belittle you by saying post count. but what i am going to do is say that this is a painfully common thing around here that i wouldn't expect you to understand having been a member for 11 months.

no one talks about the music around here. it's almost impossible as it never gets passed release dates and color choices. 

and if someone's preordering an album, i like to believe that they're going to listen to it as early as possible. apparently this leaked two weeks ago- no one in here took advantage of that and has a basic opinion beyond yay or nay to provide?

also, i only downloaded this album 2 days ago. hearing it for the first time a day after it was released. 

and why start a separate thread when there's already a culmination of people in this one who are listening to it?

go scroll through a few pages in the wrestling thread. the mlb thread. nfl, nba, nhl. all of them. look at how in depth the conversation goes- the passion, the figures, the speculation.

music is ultimately what brought every single person to this board. so why can't we just talk about it the way we do with all the other things we love?

Anyone interested in the purple "life of leisure" ? I'm trying to buy a rickenbacker and might consider a good price.

BTW I'm going to say PARACOSM is the most intuitive, thoughtful Washed Out record to date. He's truly grown as a musician. Like seriously, it's a tropical magical trip but his use of solid/hazy synth makes for a mature sound and doesn't touch cheesy at all.

I really hope the green isn't electric green :/ I want some white swirls! Man, the regular one is going to be pressed on maroon. That is awesome enough! Oh well, I guess we scored a free 7".

I wrote that. There's a little excerpt in the middle that talks about the music. 

With that being said. It doesn't bother me that people are more interested in obtaining the actual record. You pulled the "I've been here for a long time card" yadi yadah no one cares. If people want to post about where they can find a certain color who cares. A lot of people come here for information vs talking about it. Maybe because people like you chastise others for not talking about the music the "right" way. Instead you go on complaining about snippet responses and that's just so douchey man. It's douchey and pretentious, that's the bottomline. If you rub people the right way you'll get the responses you are looking for. From what it seems to me you want to be above everyone and keep them beneath you by making everyone feel small for not discussing the actual music. Not cool man. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we all love your idea of talking about the actual record, but don't be so above it to the point you insult the whole of the thread.

my first comment was one of frustration. again, because this is so common.

but for every one comment chastising people for framing their records saying "THEY'RE FOR LISTENING TO" there are two more comments saying "shipped!" or "coke bottle is blue not green you guys".

everyone loves playing the elitist role of telling people how their records should be used. yet so few seem to actually care about discussing what happens once they drop the needle themselves.

This forum is about collecting vinyl. I certainly hope and expect there is a lot of discussion about variants, availability, etc. There are plenty of venues that exist to ONLY discuss and review the music. Seems weird to complain about people talking about vinyl collector things on a vinyl collecting forum. Seek out people on here who also critique the albums if you really want to scratch that itch, but don't just drop complaints for the general forum population about what direction this site is going if you're going to be misguided about it. There's plenty of room to discuss collector things and also review the album in the same thread. If it's not enough for you, maybe you can start a new thread for specifically reviewing, or head over to the subreddit.

Dat drama.

seriously, people are attacking me like i'm asking for something outrageous.

i'm a douchebag, so nothing i say holds any merit.

It's nothing personal. 

When are you going to get it though. It isn't what you're asking for. It's how you presented the idea. It's how you were so above everyone being hyped about this record. It's how you completely disregarded people who even remotely considered talking about the actual sounds of the record yet it wasn't good enough for you. 

Well you confessed you were frustrated so you have my sympathies. I've been on threads where peoples mindsets wouldn't budge. Tell you what, from here on out I will personally try to write an excerpt about newly bought records... Consider that your oatmeal raisin cookie :D

believe me. i've presented this very same case a dozen other times. it doesn't matter.

hence the "surprise surprise" post.

also, lol at the fact that there still isn't a fucking thing being said about the album. just bickering. 

solving thingz!