ATX Sessions: this thing im doing now (Modern Baseball part 2)

Philadelphia PA's Modern Baseball took some time out from their first national tour to sit down with ATX sessions to perform two songs at a fairly new venue In Austin called Infest.

This weeks installment features the track "It's Cold Out Here." We were stuck inside due to the massive rain storm, so we made due with the dim light and clinking glasses. Check back next week for another song from these talented dudes.

Special thanks to Alex De Los Santos for providing the guitars.

Quality. The poor drummer tho. Not really a good shot of his face alone for a bit. But looking good.

yea, i agree. with the dummer, we were in such a tight space that no matter how i arranged everyone getting him in frame just didnt work. with some instruments being far louder than others and only using a hot (cold) shoe mic, i didnt have many options with placement. overall though, with how windy it was and the amount of traffic right behind us, I think everything sounds damn good. 

yea, i agree. with the dummer, we were in such a tight space that no matter how i arranged everyone getting him in frame just didnt work. with some instruments being far louder than others and only using a hot (cold) shoe mic, i didnt have many options with placement. overall though, with how windy it was and the amount of traffic right behind us, I think everything sounds damn good. 

Also think this was really good.

But yeah, all banjo and drums. Couldn't make out guitar or bass, even when I tried to listen for them.

I thought that the singer was playing a 4 string bass acoustic base but maybe I'm wrong. Used to ukeleles being pretty tiny.

Nothing to be bummed about though. Got a target for #2?

ahh yes. its a baritone uke.... the actual bass player (dude in the middle) doesn't have an acoustic bass / couldn't find a place to rent one so we gave him a guitar and made him go with it. number 2 will be out next sunday because i dont want to give vimeo $60 for more space, just yet. they only giv eyou 500mb per week on a free account. the second video will be a new song that hasnt been released yet, and its probably one of my favorites from them. I grew up with the singer and he (they) agreed to be the first band on this little venture of mine. if this picks up ill end up paying for more space on vimeo. 

Edit:

just thought you also might mean what will be the #2 band ill be working with (because each band will have 2 songs) im shooting for this band Borrisokane from Austin. i love them and id be REALLY interested to see how they translate their songs in to an acoustic rendition. 

Really liked the song. Good Job I look forward to more videos in the future

thanks! i really would recommend checking all of their stuff out. I have plenty of friends in bands but this one is the one i truly believe in, great song writing and musicianship all around. myself and thunderbeard records will be releasing their first ep on cassette soon!

thanks! i really would recommend checking all of their stuff out. I have plenty of friends in bands but this one is the one i truly believe in, great song writing and musicianship all around. myself and thunderbeard records will be releasing their first ep on cassette soon!

Doing that right now on Rdio, I've got Intractable playing right now and S/T ep queued up.  Digging it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...