Typhoon-Kickstarter-White Lighter PO

Don't know how many of you know about this band but they are great in my opinion. They just put up a Kickstarter to buy a new van for the band and included is the only way to Pre-Order thier new album White Lighter that is coming out in August, You should check them out, if you haven't already

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598493978/send-typhoon-on-tour-this-fall?ref=live

I hit up the preorder on kickstarter for the new record, everything I have heard so far sounds good. I have been looking for Hunger and Thirst on Vinyl for months and have not found one anywhere. I saw the reissued it for the kickstarter project but its only available at the 150$ level and up.

I hit up the preorder on kickstarter for the new record, everything I have heard so far sounds good. I have been looking for Hunger and Thirst on Vinyl for months and have not found one anywhere. I saw the reissued it for the kickstarter project but its only available at the 150$ level and up.

I saw that too.  I was really surprised Hunger and Thirst sold out.  I was sitting on that forever, and I waited too long.  

Really love this band, anybody that likes Arcade Fire and/or indie rock (especially orchestral based) should really check them out.

In the details of the Kickstarter page it says White Lighter will be a Special Edition Gatefold LP on White Vinyl with Red/Yellow Splatter, which should match the cover art nicely. I assume the regular/retail version will be on standard black vinyl, but don't know that for certain.

I also missed out on Hunger & Thirst on vinyl, which made me happy/excited to see this statement at the bottom of Tender Loving Empire's news post in May about Typhoon leaving TLE for Roll Call Records:

"TLE will be reissuing 180 gram colored vinyl editions of Typhoon’s Hunger & Thirst (on red vinyl) as well as A New Kind of House (on chocolate brown vinyl) in the very near future."

Really love this band, anybody that likes Arcade Fire and/or indie rock (especially orchestral based) should really check them out.

In the details of the Kickstarter page it says White Lighter will be a Special Edition Gatefold LP on White Vinyl with Red/Yellow Splatter, which should match the cover art nicely. I assume the regular/retail version will be on standard black vinyl, but don't know that for certain.

I also missed out on Hunger & Thirst on vinyl, which made me happy/excited to see this statement at the bottom of Tender Loving Empire's news post in May about Typhoon leaving TLE for Roll Call Records:

"TLE will be reissuing 180 gram colored vinyl editions of Typhoon’s Hunger & Thirst (on red vinyl) as well as A New Kind of House (on chocolate brown vinyl) in the very near future."

This is awesome news.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't pledged yet or didn't see the update video, they did add a new $50 reward for JUST the "Hunger & Thirst" and "A New Kind of House" special edition double LP repressing ONLY (does NOT include the pre-order of White Lighter).

I wish they would add a reward for $75 that included both as I'd be all over that (even though I already have the clear 10"
pressing of "A New Kind of House").

Bump. There are only 15 days left and they are just under $25k short still. 

Also, they added some new rewards including: a test pressing (only two available!) of “White Lighter” vinyl, signed sleeve (note this is a test pressing, so there is no artwork, just a blank black vinyl in white sleeve) + "White Lighter" CD or LP pre-order for $350.

• 2 weeks later...

NPR is streaming White Lighter in its entirety and I just completed my first listen.  It is absolutely fantastic.  They have just continued to build on the EP and this will probably easitly grow into my favortite Typhoon material.  So glad I contributed to the Kickstarter and I hope they come through my city on their tour.  Give it a listen....

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/06/207905137/first-listen-typhoon-white-lighter?refresh=true

NPR is streaming White Lighter in its entirety and I just completed my first listen.  It is absolutely fantastic.  They have just continued to build on the EP and this will probably easitly grow into my favortite Typhoon material.  So glad I contributed to the Kickstarter and I hope they come through my city on their tour.  Give it a listen....

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/06/207905137/first-listen-typhoon-white-lighter?refresh=true

100% agreed on the new album. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, you can pre-order it via their former label Tender Loving Empire (which is also offering their whole discography, including White Lighter, via discounted CD or colored LP bundles) here:

https://www.tenderlovingempire.com/12/tle-music/typhoon-white-lighter/