Best record stores in Sydney?

Hi, I am headed to Sydney, Australia for a short holiday and I thought I would do some vinyl shopping while I'm there (vinyl shopping in Auckland, NZ can be fairly limited and over-priced).

Can you guys that live there recommend some good places to check out that are in or close to the CDB. 

Thanks!

Resist Records in Newtown

Red Eye Records definitely

Beatdisc Records in Parramatta

In my opinion, resist is the best out of these three, then beatdisc.

There's also a place called the record crate on glebe point road, they are pretty good.

The jb HiFi at broadway has a good amount of new vinyl, but it's prices slightly high, though they regularly have sales.

Red eye is alright. Though they cram the shelves tightly so it's a pain to browse.

On the subject of tightly packed shelves, come utopia. It's a metal heads delight. Though their vinyl is all shrink wrapped in house, over the usual shrink/sleeve. That's rather annoying too.

If you're after secondhand records egg, is where you'll want to head. It's across the road from resist. Plenty of $3 records.

If you want, I'd be happy to show you round or just give any further advice on shops depending on what genres you are looking out for

In my opinion, resist is the best out of these three, then beatdisc.

There's also a place called the record crate on glebe point road, they are pretty good.

The jb HiFi at broadway has a good amount of new vinyl, but it's prices slightly high, though they regularly have sales.

Red eye is alright. Though they cram the shelves tightly so it's a pain to browse.

On the subject of tightly packed shelves, come utopia. It's a metal heads delight. Though their vinyl is all shrink wrapped in house, over the usual shrink/sleeve. That's rather annoying too.

If you're after secondhand records egg, is where you'll want to head. It's across the road from resist. Plenty of $3 records.

If you want, I'd be happy to show you round or just give any further advice on shops depending on what genres you are looking out for

I feel bad I don't know Sydney record stores this well, but before the shipping rates went up - it was mostly cheaper to import yourself.

I left out quite a few too! Like mojo record bar. Who are great also.

And classic hifi(lower end of king street newtown). They sell 60,70,80's HiFi gear only. And very good condition jazz/soul/world music.

Check out http://www.digginsydney.com/index.html for a nice little booklet, it's shows most of the stores Mentioned here so far, and gives a brief run down of each. Plus it has a handy dandy map!

Being a snobby jerk though, I'm happy just walking through king street and the 5 stores we have :D

Thanks heaps for all the responses!

Bands on my 'want' list look a little like this at the moment: AFI, Bloc Party, The Bronx, City and Colour, Cold War Kids, Death Cab, Hopesfall, Jeff Buckley, Jimmy Eat World, Mariachi el Bronx, Mastodon, Nirvana, Poison the Well, QOTSA, Smashing Pumpkins, Sparta, Tiger Army. So pretty much all over the map.

It looks like there are plenty of good stores to have a look around. 

Thanks heaps for all the responses!

Bands on my 'want' list look a little like this at the moment: AFI, Bloc Party, The Bronx, City and Colour, Cold War Kids, Death Cab, Hopesfall, Jeff Buckley, Jimmy Eat World, Mariachi el Bronx, Mastodon, Nirvana, Poison the Well, QOTSA, Smashing Pumpkins, Sparta, Tiger Army. So pretty much all over the map.

It looks like there are plenty of good stores to have a look around. 

For those, I'd go to resist for the more punk/hardcore stuff. And the across to Hum for the more pop/indie stuff. They are about 2 minutes walk from one another on the lovely King street, Newtown