How do you like your Ortofon Stylus 2M Blue?

"... a vs video on youtube? Really people do that? Is this real life?"

Relax, it's 2013. People with technology do shootouts, vs, compare and contrast all the time on YouTube. 

yeah...but there is basically zero chance that even a professionally produced youtube video is going capture any difference between the two aside from the color (Blue > Red).

Listen, I understand, you feel like you need to be in control all the time and need to feel like you're always correct but..

I've watched many videos that explain in detail (this) or (that) and many where you can hear the difference or even times when a pro audio engineer explains the difference in audio frequency.

Your petty opinion isn't going to affect what I'm looking for. Why even bother answering half-heartedly and doesn't answer what the OP is asking? I don't get it, why do trolls waste so much time. When you state things like, "There is zero chance..." You are using illogical reasoning/expression because in fact, there is a chance that it can be produced if recorded correctly. I've seen, and heard it before.

The fact that I posted, "I can't find a "vs" video on YouTube" is besides the point of the OP. If you're feeling pretentious enough to comment in a derogatory fashion you got my attention, and you spun the thread the wrong way.

This was meant for actual owners of the 2m Blue to answer with prior experience of the 2m Red, not elitist here sayers

:( :( :( :(

Anyways, thanks for trying to help out. 

Listen, I understand, you feel like you need to be in control all the time and need to feel like you're always correct but..

I've watched many videos that explain in detail (this) or (that) and many where you can hear the difference or even times when a pro audio engineer explains the difference in audio frequency.

Your petty opinion isn't going to affect what I'm looking for. Why even bother answering half-heartedly and doesn't answer what the OP is asking? I don't get it, why do trolls waste so much time. When you state things like, "There is zero chance..." You are using illogical reasoning/expression because in fact, there is a chance that it can be produced if recorded correctly. I've seen, and heard it before.

The fact that I posted, "I can't find a "vs" video on YouTube" is besides the point of the OP. If you're feeling pretentious enough to comment in a derogatory fashion you got my attention, and you spun the thread the wrong way.

This was meant for actual owners of the 2m Blue to answer with prior experience of the 2m Red, not elitist here sayers

:( :( :( :(

Anyways, thanks for trying to help out. 

Geez you've been on the board for what a half a minute and you're jumping down ajxd throat when his first response was an answer:

Its a better stylus, yes. Will you notice a significant difference? Probably. Is it worth it right now? Probably not. If your 2M Red is fine, just listen.

So in summary, if you really want to spend the money, upgrade. He said the upgrade will produce a significant difference but if you're Red is in good shape keep using it.  I don't know why people insist on going straight to the defensive on here, but ajxd didn't really say anything wrong, quit being so sensitive.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought a step up to the bronze would have been a lot more significant (if your budget will allow). The blue and red use essentially the same cartridge body, the difference is the stylus. The bronze and black use an upgraded cartridge body and much better styli. Maybe keep using the red until its worn out and in the meantime save your cash for a bronze (or something else entirely).

I just purchased a 2M Red after having the intentions of getting the 2M Blue when I walked into the store. The store owner went down the specs list with me and showed me how little the difference was between these two cartridges. He also told me the Ortofon rep told him the biggest difference between the two was the lifespan of the Blue. Not sure if you've looked at the specs list for the 2M series, but you can check it out here. Apparently sound quality is very similar. 

I've never heard the Blue, so my opinion is solely based on the Hi-Fi shop owner I bought my Red from. He suggested I either get the Red or the Bronze and skip the Blue altogether. Hope that helps in your decision!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought a step up to the bronze would have been a lot more significant (if your budget will allow). The blue and red use essentially the same cartridge body, the difference is the stylus. The bronze and black use an upgraded cartridge body and much better styli. Maybe keep using the red until its worn out and in the meantime save your cash for a bronze (or something else entirely).

I just purchased a 2M Red after having the intentions of getting the 2M Blue when I walked into the store. The store owner went down the specs list with me and showed me how little the difference was between these two cartridges. He also told me the Ortofon rep told him the biggest difference between the two was the lifespan of the Blue. Not sure if you've looked at the specs list for the 2M series, but you can check it out here. Apparently sound quality is very similar. 

I've never heard the Blue, so my opinion is solely based on the Hi-Fi shop owner I bought my Red from. He suggested I either get the Red or the Bronze and skip the Blue altogether. Hope that helps in your decision!

Thanks very informative and very appealing! :D :D