FS-Marantz PM5004 integrated amp $250ppd

Hey all, just seeing if anyone would be interested in this before I throw it on the bay. I'd rather hook someone up for cost on here than try to gamble with fees and all that.

I bought this less than 6 months ago for $230 on amazon and its gonna be about $50 to ship it ground anywhere in the US. I've used it for less than 48 hours total on a Panamax power conditioner. It's worked really great for me and is a good entry/mid-level amplifier for most turntables. The only reason I'm trying to sell it is because I'm looking into new high end speakers and would want to bi-amp them which this amplifier doesn't support. I also want a digital input to hook my TV up to instead of running auxiliary out of my TV which I'm currently doing. Otherwise I'd probably hang onto it for another room in the house.

I have the original box and packaging and will take a lot of care in shipping this. Will consider knocking the price down if you wanted to send some records my way! ;)

PM if interested

Amp has been sold!  Thank you everyone for your interest!

You would probably call it bi-wiring, I wouldn't be getting two amplifiers. Technically multi-zone receivers have bi-amps built in to them and instead of running a second zone I would be running a second set of cables from the secondary speaker ports to the zone 2 ports (which are also labeled as bi-amp) on the back of the receiver..

While I'm nowhere near the most educated on the subject, I've done a fair amount of research on the matter. I've read a lot of people say what you are saying, but today I auditioned speakers with and without the bi-wiring and there was definitely a subtle, yet noticeable difference. Although it did really depend on the speakers, some were way more noticeable than others.

You would probably call it bi-wiring, I wouldn't be getting two amplifiers. Technically multi-zone receivers have bi-amps built in to them and instead of running a second zone I would be running a second set of cables from the secondary speaker ports to the zone 2 ports (which are also labeled as bi-amp) on the back of the receiver..

While I'm nowhere near the most educated on the subject, I've done a fair amount of research on the matter. I've read a lot of people say what you are saying, but today I auditioned speakers with and without the bi-wiring and there was definitely a subtle, yet noticeable difference. Although it did really depend on the speakers, some were way more noticeable than others.

To elaborate on my comment--I am simply skeptical of any bi-amp/bi-wiring features offered by most receivers.  I know my Onkyo HT receiver offers a "bi-amp" option and while I am sure it sounds different, I am not confident that it sounds discernibly better.  Based on my admitted bias against these sort of features as being mostly marketing gimmicks, I further assume that any receiver offering these features as a selling point is automatically worse than a basic integrated amplifer.

Good luck with your search.  Interested to find out how this works out for you. 

Dropped the price on this because the accommodation program at my work that I'm getting a new AVR through is just plain silly. Ship me a couple records and I'll drop it even more!

Will probably put it on eBay within the next couple days if I don't get any interest here.

Dropped the price on this because the accommodation program at my work that I'm getting a new AVR through is just plain silly. Ship me a couple records and I'll drop it even more!

Will probably put it on eBay within the next couple days if I don't get any interest here.

You are getting silly prices on high end stuff? Hook a bro up with the connection! I'm shooting higher than a 5004 but should be nice for someone else.

You are getting silly prices on high end stuff? Hook a bro up with the connection! I'm shooting higher than a 5004 but should be nice for someone else.

Wish I could man. I've actually heard of questionable purchases being investigated by not only the company I'd be ordering from, but the company I work for's corporate HR (you can probably guess where I work very easily).

Short story, as much as I'd like to help others out, it's not worth risking my job over.

Wish I could man. I've actually heard of questionable purchases being investigated by not only the company I'd be ordering from, but the company I work for's corporate HR (you can probably guess where I work very easily).

Short story, as much as I'd like to help others out, it's not worth risking my job over.

I used to work for them too. Don't do it. Buddy of mine got fired for it.

thats a nice price for this unit. Im considering sending back my AS-500 and takin that off your hands haha. I love my amp but the only thing that irks me with it is the remote doesnt turn the unit on and off unless the power button on the unit is constantly pushed in.

the PM5004 is no different.  The on/off on the remote is simply toggles the standby mode.   That said, I never really turn my amp off.

the PM5004 is no different.  The on/off on the remote is simply toggles the standby mode.   That said, I never really turn my amp off.

oh shit seriously? lol I thought it was a manufactuer defect considering i bought them open box. thats good to know though, thanks for the heads up. anyway, is it safe to just always leave it in standby?

oh shit seriously? lol I thought it was a manufactuer defect considering i bought them open box. thats good to know though, thanks for the heads up. anyway, is it safe to just always leave it in standby?

Quoting Slinch from another thread located here:

"As for the stand-by mode, it's actually better than turning the amp off when not in use. All the electronic parts will work better and longer if they have a constant current present. My amp doesn't have a stand-by mode, but I leave it on 24/7, I only turn it off when I know I won't be home for over a day."

Personally, I use my amp (PM5004) pretty much every waking hour spent at home so I only really turn it off if I am away for the weekend or something.