Direct Hit "Brainless God" vinyl info and more...

redscare

Hey folks, I wanted to try and disseminate some info on the LP since social media is full of collector zombies asking about this shit over and over.  What better place to address that than here?!  I don't wanna steal the project's thunder, but the band wants to do something really wild with their LP and it'll be taking a while to manufacture. Blame them!  No, but really, it'll be super cool and especially appropriate to have around the Holidays.  What can I say, DH! loves Jesus.  So the vinyl package is coming, but as you guys know, that shit takes forever to make. 

If it's the music you're after, that of course is available now on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc.  The CD comes out next week and has some cool artwork of it's own (poster booklet!). 

In case you haven't heard, the band is doing a short film to accompany "Brainless God".  It's pretty rad and "Act One" was just premiered by our greazy pals over at Vice/Noisey.  Check it out:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/premiere-watch-act-one-of-direct-hits-punk-rock-opera

Hope that answers some questions and gets you guys stoked on this pig.  It's a kickass record.

Stoked for this, whenever it drops!  I was going to try and hold off on buying the digital, but I couldn't resist.  I've listened to it several times already and it's fucking awesome.

Yeah, word. It's fantastic album, and I wouldn't wanna wanna wait either. I'm of the opinion that music is more important than collectibles, so we try and rush the tunes out to the world. Go Seahawks...

Actually, I'm from MN, so my heart is truly with being let down by the Vikings.  After the North Stars left, though, nothing's been the same.  It's been twenty years, you'd think I'd be over it by now. . .

I got AP in the Red Scare fantasy league, so we have that in common.  I guess I got your kicker too?  Can't stomach the Wild, eh?  And no one seems to really back the T-Wolves cuz their owner is a homophobic kook.  And you guys just traded Morneau too!  Times are tough all over...

Yeah, word. It's fantastic album, and I wouldn't wanna wanna wait either. I'm of the opinion that music is more important than collectibles, so we try and rush the tunes out to the world. Go Seahawks...

Oh totally, such a great album (and band) that there was no way I was going to hold off for long.  And you always put out such quality releases, I don't mind buying twice!

Good to see you on here!  We've met a couple times before - Last year at Fest and then a couple months ago at The Showbox (can't remember which show).  I'm Jeremy Schmidt's buddy, Tony.  =)

Oh totally, such a great album (and band) that there was no way I was going to hold off for long.  And you always put out such quality releases, I don't mind buying twice!

Good to see you on here!  We've met a couple times before - Last year at Fest and then a couple months ago at The Showbox (can't remember which show).  I'm Jeremy Schmidt's buddy, Tony.  =)

Ah, THAT Tony.  Had I known...heh.  Guess I'll see you at Fest again?  Stoked you like the tunes!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads-up to those who are waiting for the vinyl to get a download/CD version of the record:

As of the last few purchases I made, the vinyl versions of the Red Scare releases DO NOT come with download cards/codes/or included CDs like most other modern vinyl records released by record labels.

I had to buy two versions of the new Elway record. I waited a long-ass time for "Leavetaking" to show up at a local record shop and my record player was non-functioning at that time. I open it up, excited to take my download code to the internet-land...

No cigar (or download card).

I just thought I'd let you guys know. If I'd have known the Red Scare stuff doesn't come with download cards/etc. I'd have just bought the digital version right when it came out.

This is one album/group I wouldn't mind paying twice for.  I was hoping that Amazon would include the auto rip with the cd, but to no avail.  Can't wait for the record/dvd/comic, but I may very well buy the cd as well as the download. 

Also, go buy the Galactic Cannibal album.  I can't get enough of that.  So insanely good.

This is one album/group I wouldn't mind paying twice for.  I was hoping that Amazon would include the auto rip with the cd, but to no avail.  Can't wait for the record/dvd/comic, but I may very well buy the cd as well as the download. 

Also, go buy the Galactic Cannibal album.  I can't get enough of that.  So insanely good.

Why would you buy the download if you're getting the CD too?  You know you can rip the CD right?

Just a heads-up to those who are waiting for the vinyl to get a download/CD version of the record:

As of the last few purchases I made, the vinyl versions of the Red Scare releases DO NOT come with download cards/codes/or included CDs like most other modern vinyl records released by record labels.

I had to buy two versions of the new Elway record. I waited a long-ass time for "Leavetaking" to show up at a local record shop and my record player was non-functioning at that time. I open it up, excited to take my download code to the internet-land...

No cigar (or download card).

I just thought I'd let you guys know. If I'd have known the Red Scare stuff doesn't come with download cards/etc. I'd have just bought the digital version right when it came out.

It a nice perk but you do know not every label provides a download right? He pressed the vinyl, and it is possible to find mp3s online if you need them.

Why would you buy the download if you're getting the CD too?  You know you can rip the CD right?

Yeah, but I'm an idiot.  Plus Nick and some other guys from his groups have really helped me out on a few fronts, so I feel inclined to help fund their meth habit.  Math habit?  One of the two...

It a nice perk but you do know not every label provides a download right? He pressed the vinyl, and it is possible to find mp3s online if you need them.

Yep. I do know it's a possibility that not every label provides a second media format. I haven't purchased from every possible label so I can't reference every data point investigable, but it's a safe assumption that some labels are not providing a second format.

That said, I've only come across one modern punk label putting out modern punk music that didn't provide a second media format with the purchase of a full-length album on vinyl - Red Scare.

I'm not trying to sound like "fuck those guys." I'm just trying to inform people that they won't be receiving a second format with Red Scare releases. They needn't wonder if they'll be getting one - because they won't - and certainly shouldn't wait to hear the record if they're willing to purchase another format.

To use "Leavetaking" as an example: I half-expected the vinyl to come with a second media format. That format was going to allow me the ability to listen to "Leavetaking" in my car on some of my longer drives (I always felt like Elway was a good band to drive to). Had I known Red Scare wasn't going to provide a second format with the vinyl, I'd have just bought another version in the first place and would have been listening to the record however-long before the vinyl I ordered through the local shop finally came in stock.

No malicious intent; just trying to provide some information and prevent any resentment towards a killer band like Direct Hit! and a cool label like Red Scare.

...and I don't really like to "find" albums online. That shit is theft.

Exactly. I wouldn't.

Even if I felt like I deserved the car because of another purchase I made (a house...another car, maybe), I wouldn't steal the car.

Similarly, I don't "find" mp3 versions of albums online after I purchase a vinyl copy.

I was just referencing this...

I do agree, though.  Especially in these circles, you're kind of a douche bag if you intentionally download an album from a group who you regularly hear from/hear how their van just broke down/hear how they're working to get an album pressed.