Direct Hit "Brainless God" vinyl info and more...

redscare

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Interview with Nick in which he gives a little bit of info about the vinyl release...

http://fortheloveofpunk.com/interview-nick-woods-direct-hit-talks-inspiration-brainless-god-videos-vinyl-release/

Your album released digitally and on CD last September, but you’re only just getting ready to release it on vinyl. What’s the story behind the time between the two releases?

Honestly, it’s just that vinyl takes forever to press nowadays. We were hoping to release that stuff at the same time we released the digital and CD, but it took a while to confirm everything with our plant, and then there were manufacturing setbacks… just the same old shit anyone who presses vinyl has had to deal with before. No cool story behind it really.

Reportedly a bunch of cool shit is supposed to come with the vinyl. What is in the works for that, and how did it come about?

Yeah, we’re planning on releasing a box set with a DVD and a comic book, and alternate, silkscreened artwork. It’s just sort of a way to keep up with the DH tradition of releasing our shit in the dumbest way possible for people who care about that kind of thing. I’ve always tried to figure out cool new ways to release music. This was just the harebrained scheme we came up with this time around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^^ Same here. Debating to hold out for the box set or not.

I had that debate, but I've been listening to this album nonstop since its release. I figure if I buy two versions at least it helps Red Scare.

Also, I thought DH! had their own merch store. There was a shirt I wanted to snag , but I can't find the site now.

They're not doing any special color with a comic book and DVD like they talked about before...?

The special edition is still coming.  They posted this on Facebook along with the Interpunk link to the standard edition...

"STILL SLAVING AWAY AT THOSE COOL-ASS BOX SETS WE KEEP TELLING YOU WILL EVENTUALLY EXIST, BUT IN THE MEANTIME, ORDER YOUR STANDARD-EDITION BRAINLESS GOD VINYL FROM INTERPUNK. BECAUSE IT'S FINALLY HERE. FUCK YOU."

• 3 weeks later...