Want: 631 LIHC comp & Anterrabae demo

mrrom92

Remember when the LIHC scene was actually good? so many good memories, 2005-2007 just shows on shows on shows.

Anyone remember this band? They were great, two albums they put out were huge for me.

I've been looking for the demo for years. I'm pretty sure it's called "for disaster".

A few months ago I met this rad chick who had a copy of this from back in the day. On CD-R. I was happy just to hear it at all and even paid her to send me copies of the tracks. Unfortunately, typical MacBook user, couldn't figure out how to configure CD ripping options so I ended up with really bad lossy low-bitrate iTunes rips in the default apple format.

Again, I was just happy and extremely grateful to hear the songs (one was entirely left off the 1st album and I never heard them do it live) and I'm sure the quality wasnt great to begin with, but still. I would much prefer flac/wav if at all possible. So if anyone has this and would send me the tracks, or would even sell their original demo, I'd totally be all for that.

I'd also be game for a better quality scan of the cover art, or even a picture of it.

Also, If anyone has the 631 comp, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if the Etcetera is the same version as released on Shakedown Tonight 2 years later, or if it's an earlier recording. Interpunk amazingly still has this cd in stock for like $6 and I'd totally pull the trigger on it, I just wanna make sure it actually would be worth the 6 bucks to me, and not just pay for a song I already have. I always had a sinking suspicion it was a different recording.

Thanks y'all.

Can't really help ya, but I did want to voice how much I miss Anterrabae. Good luck with your search!

Thanks brotha, I appreciate it. They really were great, I could never put my finger on it but there was just something about them that really set them apart from their contemporaries in my opinion. Every fucking song was great. I still have some of my old tees from shows at the donkey & the downtown hahah. Although a couple have went missing over the years for sure.

etcetera is different on the 631 comp. also the demo came with 2 different covers.

Wow, that's def good news. Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I'm definitely gonna pick this up ASAP. Had no idea about the covers either!

This is the cover I have been able to locate. The quality ain't all that so I'm hoping I'd be able to locate either one, or both of them at some point in the future.

nlHgsfV.jpg

You def know your stuff, I'm guessing you had these at some point in the past haha. I've been dying to hear Empress of One for friggin ages.

Someone uploaded a verrrry early live video on YouTube but it seems to have been taken down. Def pre-shakedown. Empress was played and that was the first time I got to hear it; just before locating a copy of the actual demo.

I didnt know these other demos existed. i had both full lengths and assumed that was it. they were so good. i got to see them one time but broke my arm moshing to the breakdown on joey got his groove back and had to go to the hospital. haha. i did get a hoodie from that show and a friend of theirs band played here a few years later and called their vocalist about me wearing that hoodie. i dunno why thats cool but it is. i miss them a lot. so good.

whoa, big time memories from this thread. shakedown tonight was a great album for its time. You've inspired me to go out and download it, listening now, it still holds up. Didn't the original singer leave or something? I remember their next album being kind of blah.

Yeah, both their lead vocalist and drummer changed at some point, I don't remember if the drummer left before or after the 2nd album. It was pretty good, I loved it too but it was pretty different stylistically from Shakedown, I remember thinking it had more of a southern metal/grind influence in the guitars when it first came out.

Shakedown is a classic, I think the second album appeals more to people who were already fans of the band at that point, but everyone remembers Shakedown, and fondly. It never got old. I wonder how well it might sell these days if someone licensed it from Triple Crown and pressed it? The 10th anniversary is coming up pretty soon...

I didnt know these other demos existed. i had both full lengths and assumed that was it. they were so good. i got to see them one time but broke my arm moshing to the breakdown on joey got his groove back and had to go to the hospital. haha. i did get a hoodie from that show and a friend of theirs band played here a few years later and called their vocalist about me wearing that hoodie. i dunno why thats cool but it is. i miss them a lot. so good.

The caption read "Danger", silly boy. Bones couldn't take much more?

#punny there are maybe like 12 people on the planet who will even get this haha. That's a sick story though. Their pits were always intense. The whole place was a pit. Kids throwin windmills errrwhere. I remember hearing stories of someone in the band getting royally fucked up at a show with a guitar to the head or something, and you can actually see a picture of it in the CD.. Meanwhile I'm there, just this barely 5 feet tall 14 year old kid hahah. Times were crazy. Unbelievable. The energy was always so awe inspiring, I've never been that impressed at a show ever since.

Thanks brotha, I appreciate it. They really were great, I could never put my finger on it but there was just something about them that really set them apart from their contemporaries in my opinion. Every fucking song was great. I still have some of my old tees from shows at the donkey & the downtown hahah. Although a couple have went missing over the years for sure.

Wow, that's def good news. Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I'm definitely gonna pick this up ASAP. Had no idea about the covers either!

This is the cover I have been able to locate. The quality ain't all that so I'm hoping I'd be able to locate either one, or both of them at some point in the future.

nlHgsfV.jpg

You def know your stuff, I'm guessing you had these at some point in the past haha. I've been dying to hear Empress of One for friggin ages.

Someone uploaded a verrrry early live video on YouTube but it seems to have been taken down. Def pre-shakedown. Empress was played and that was the first time I got to hear it; just before locating a copy of the actual demo.

yea, i still have the stuff at my parents house on long island. I was really into them from 02 till neils last show in 05. their shows at the downtown were great

yea, i still have the stuff at my parents house on long island. I was really into them from 02 till neils last show in 05. their shows at the downtown were great

Wow, that's awesome. I'm gonna keep trying to locate a copy or even an original, but in case I find no success, if you're ever back on the island and have access to this stuff, If you could make me a copy/scans of the demo, I'll very gladly throw something decent your way, cash or maybe a trade of some sort.

fuckin' anterrabae, man. are they even still together? last time i saw them was '04. bringing back memories big time

No, they're long gone.

Yeah, that. They did a couple of reunion shows in '08 with Neil on vox again, although I couldn't make it to either of these. Super regret. They're in other bands now for the most part.

They did one more album after Shakedown but they had a new vocalist by that point, Erik Boccio. He had a much deeper scream, and had a penchant for army caps, going based off of memory here. He was good, just gave the group a very different feel. He did really well on older tracks like How Joey Got His Groove Back, or Nevertheless, Etc.

Just remembered, I have the original lineup's autographs on a flyer somewhere... Shit. Wanna find that and scan it or something haha.

if u have a list, i would trade probably both my demo's and if i still have the 631 comp -

I never had a list of any sort, by the time the idea crossed my mind my collection was way too extensive to even consider cataloging hahah. I've attempted to, just by starting with 45's, 78's... Don't have nearly as many of those... Gave up, failed miserably. LPs would probably take me years.

With that said, if you do have a list of any particular wants, I will gladly look it over to see what I have anything that you're looking for. Chances are I do, or at least something reaaally realllly close and somewhat related.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...