PO: Five Iron Frenzy "Engine of A Million Plots"

mmhmm

This album far exceeded my expectations. i wish they would have left off "Battle Dancing..." i feel that song was their "silly song because we're FIF and always need to have a silly song on our albums" song. Everything else is really great, though. i wasn't sure how i'd feel about FIF almost 10 years later, but i'm glad this exists.

Also, check out the video FIF posted on Facebook of Scott demonstrating how to play the bassline for Battle Dancing Unicorns.  It really made me appreciate the song more.  

Hmm, i don't mind "Someone" so much. Mainly because it differs from everything else and breaks up the album.

I've tried to use that logic to like the song more because yeah, albums do need a song to break things up a bit but that one is just a draaaaaaag.  Could've used a much better song to do the job.  Oh well, difference of opinion :)  

I received my Kickstarter version today. The color is more like a marbled orange that matches the flame color perfect. Also it is hand numbered out of 350. Mine was 233/350. I thought it was going to be out of 500.

Sounds like FIF listened to me/us about doing something to make the Kickstarter records a little more special.  I'm betting there's an extra 150 in their webstore...I'd love to order the black variant of it but ~$31 after shipping for a single LP is rough.  

I received my Kickstarter version today. The color is more like a marbled orange that matches the flame color perfect. Also it is hand numbered out of 350. Mine was 233/350. I thought it was going to be out of 500.

This is kind of exciting. If they're numbering in order of when you pledged, I just might be getting copy #1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...