PO: Five Iron Frenzy "Engine of A Million Plots"

mmhmm

To support the making of the album, if you hadn't given the money the album possibly wouldn't have been made thats the concept at least.

This is true but people will likely respond by pointing out how much, above-and-beyond, FIF's Kickstarter generated...I would like to at least see the people who committed $50 to this 2 years ago receive a hand-numbered version, if anything.  They deserve that.  

This is true but people will likely respond by pointing out how much, above-and-beyond, FIF's Kickstarter generated...I would like to at least see the people who committed $50 to this 2 years ago receive a hand-numbered version, if anything.  They deserve that.  

Yeah! Cool idea. Some extra would be nice. This should be made known to them.

Totally, I'm just saying the general idea of kickstarter is to do that, its not meant to be like a pre-order.  But I know if I paid $50 for the record to see it go for way less when they actually put orders up I'd be pissed as well.  Hopefully they do something awesome for how much money they earned on it.

Not that this is the case with FIF, but I got into it online with a musician/producer because I felt "entitled" to something extra for contributing to a Kickstarter. I tried to explain to him that the artist was the actually the one entitled by asking for money up front without the exchange of product. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. If I front you the money to make an album, I better get more than the album back.

Kickstarter has been ruining music the past few years. I think the original idea is great and some people use it nicely, but others abuse the system.

How did you contact them? I'll send them something, too, maybe will get a quicker reaction if they hear from a lot of us.

I posted on their Facebook wall.  I would encourage anyone else who Kickstarted them for the vinyl to post there as well.  There may be enough time to get something special put together for those of us who overpaid.  

I didn't pre-order this album, based on this wording alone:

"But be aware that this version of the album is limited and subsequent re-pressings will be downgraded to a lighter weight format with less "goodies" "

This would lead me to believe that after all the hype of the release is over, there will be more of these available in a more standard version for a more standard price.  ALSO - I noticed a lot of people commenting that their music disappeared from Spotify.  They responded by saying that they were securing the rights to their entire back catalog, and they would be back up.

Now, if you're mentioning that represses of your new album are going to be a lighter/cheaper format, and you're going out of your way to also secure the rights to all of your old albums and get all your ducks in a row, I would say it's pretty safe to assume that Five Iron is planning on releasing the entirety of the back catalog on vinyl.  I don't know if this will all be at once, spread out over time, or in some overpriced box set, but I feel like it's coming, perhaps around Christmas time, perhaps completely random, but I'm going to wait and see if this happens.

Five Iron was one of the bands that got me started into music when I was in middle school, and I will be overjoyed to see all of these go to print.  I suppose let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens!