PO: White Fence live in San Francisco (Castle Face)

spoon

"The inaugural release of our Live in San Francisco series! White Fence burned down the tiny SF club Amnesia two nights in a row and we were there with a Tascam 388 to capture the magic. A totally different side of the band compared to their studio records and not to be missed. Engineered by Chris Woodhouse, Eric Bauer, Bob Marshall, and our own John Dwyer, adorned with photos shot to real film by Brian Pritchard, and the limited ultra clear vinyl includes an alternate, lenticular cover, which creates magical movement through print-wizardry. PLEASE NOTE - Lenticular copies will ship Nov. 12th."

Available at http://www.castlefacerecords.com/products/white-fence-live-in-san-francisco

The email also mentioned the new Thee oh Sees Singles Collection Vol. 3 coming out at the end of this month. And the next record in this live series is gonna be a Fuzz record. It seemed to say there are 4 songs, I didn't exactly understand the details so decipher for yourself, comes out beginning of December...

"Finally, our last big hurrah of the year is another super special entry into the live series - Fuzz. By now I hope a few of you have been jamming to the velvet covered foil stamped monstrosity that these shreds call a debut LP. It's a furry beast and I have bowed at its altar. What we have here is another beast entirely, but no less impressive - these 4 tracks were impeccably executed to a beyond sold out crowd at the SF Eagle, the tape is saturated with sweat and beer breath but it is brilliantly played and immaculately captured, down to the small details like Ty, (who's birthday it was) blowing out the candles on his cake mid-set without missing a beat. It was photographed and if you listen real hard you can hear the cheers midway through their last song, it's no fucking joke. These guys played at the height of their considerable powers that night and I'm soooper glad that we were there to catch it to tape. That's coming out in early December."

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say so, I'm really happy with how the overall package turned out and there's a lot of fun to be had with that lenticular cover (I must have tilted it back and forth at least a dozen times while listening). If it helps in your decision-making at all I'll make good on those photos tomorrow morning, for now it's time to hit the hay!

Here's video of the cover "in action".. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=486885284759744&set=vb.274495015919012&type=2&theater

this has nothing to do with the record, haven't received it yet, but here's Ty with Tim Presley's(White Fence singer) brother who's in Nodzzz and the other dude is guitarist of White Fence. The Love cover is tight! Always funny when I hear White Fence and then think of Tim in the Nerve Agents. Brings a smile to my face.