PO: Teenage Bottlerocket "Warning Device" LP

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. I wonder if I can still do that? There were actually leftovers from that session. The plan is to do a collection CD with all that stuff.

How many tracks didn't make the album? This excites me.

Let me think..."Satellite Over Baghdad", "Pull The Plug" (which was on a Take Action comp), and "Be Stag". I think that's right. There's some leftovers from the new one too.

SUNDOWNER TOBY!

AGREED.

Although I would certainly like to see the first Falcon EP too, but not 1/16 as much as I'd like Sundowner.

I'd like to do vinyl of everything, ya know. It is just so fucking expensive and I am from the school of thought that it should also be cheap. So you might have to wait until I get a buncha money saved up in the RS war chest. Unfortunately listening to vinyl has somehow turned into collecting Beanie Babies and people now covet LPs for status or whatever. Not exactly what motivates me to put out music and work with bands. Oh well, we'll get around to 'em eventually.

AGREED.

Although I would certainly like to see the first Falcon EP too, but not 1/16 as much as I'd like Sundowner.

I'd like to do vinyl of everything, ya know. It is just so fucking expensive and I am from the school of thought that it should also be cheap. So you might have to wait until I get a buncha money saved up in the RS war chest. Unfortunately listening to vinyl has somehow turned into collecting Beanie Babies and people now covet LPs for status or whatever. Not exactly what motivates me to put out music and work with bands. Oh well, we'll get around to 'em eventually.

Did you just knock vinyl collecting on the VC board?

haha fair enough

No, I've always been a big fan, but I guess I get a little disappointed with how collectors are now. Even though people have always sold their vinyl for profit, I think it's a little outta hand now. I shouldn't really complain about it, because there's a lot bigger crimes against humanity today, but I just think it kinda goes against the spirit of punk rock. I reckon I'll live though, and I'm gonna keep on trying to do vinyl versions, just maybe not limited or collectible stuff so as not to fuel the fire.

Do unlimited pressings, I'll still buy it!

Word. Thanks! Wel, you have to limit it somehow when you place your order. Then I go and do stupid shit like ordering 500 copies of the Falcon LP and that sold out before it was even released. Live and learn, eh?

Ya know, who cares about my hackneyed philosophies on records? I just hope people can get the records and enjoy 'em.

Hah, haven't heard the Beanie Babies comparison before.

I made the comparison a couple days ago in someone's WTB thread. He wanted the Gasligth Anthem EP on red and said it wasn't even going to get played and just sit on his shelf. I told him that they're meant to be played, not sit on some shelf like a fucking Beanie Baby.

I used to buy duplicates and collect for some stupid reason then I got my head straight and sold that shit off (my record list is outdated) and only buy stuff I don't have now. Records truly sound better, I refuse to let myself be a punk rock baseball card collector.

He's not knocking vinyl or vinyl collecting, he knocked the act of buying 2,3,4,5, or more copies of the same record because it's on different colors. I say I "collect" vinyl in the sense that I have over 400 records, but I don't "collect" in the sense that I buy new releases on every color. He's saying that collecting these things like Beanie Babies is silly, and it is.

AGREED.

Man, I wish you could do some kind of vinyl club or something to help get money for them. I want This Won't Hurt and Learn the Hard Way bad as well.

I also wish the Orlando Magic would win the championship and we all know that that shit wont happen.

He's not knocking vinyl or vinyl collecting, he knocked the act of buying 2,3,4,5, or more copies of the same record because it's on different colors. I say I "collect" vinyl in the sense that I have over 400 records, but I don't "collect" in the sense that I buy new releases on every color. He's saying that collecting these things like Beanie Babies is silly, and it is.

It's a fun hobby, it doesn't make sense, but then again neither does baseball ;)

just thought i'd say that my 3 year old daughters favorite song in the universe is sundowner's version of "boatless booze cruise"...one day, sitting in her carseat listening to it, she told me "you don't have this one on a record."...her mom must've told her the news...just saying...

Heh heh, well that is officially the toungest person to ever request something on vinyl. Might have to heed that one.