SOON: Tokyo Police Club - Forcefield LP

Yeah! Gosh! Why won't this band just pick a genre a stick with it forever already?! So annoying! Fuck change!

Come on dude, I'm not bashing your fandom of TPC although they've released two very subpar tracks. I've been a fan since they first came out

I'd still take the 2 minute TPC songs of old over these pop structured tracks anyway. And who knows maybe there are some gems in there but really? These two songs are supposed to suck all their old fans from the past back? I bet their producer had a big hand in the arrangements for this album because I can hear some elements of TPC but structure wise definitely not.

Haha relax man. I'm just goofing off and being sarcastic. I'm in no way saying you aren't entitled to your opinion. I totally understand how you feel. I just don't think it's a bad thing for TPC to explore other sounds and styles from other genres. I've really enjoyed these songs and I really enjoy the old songs as well. I try not to set expectations too high or have any expectations at all when it comes to new music from bands I like. I was simply pointing out and exaggerating the reality that a lot of people are afraid of change when it comes to bands they like.

Looks like the pre-order is going to be done using pledgemusic but with some cool extras...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tokyopoliceclub

"If you have found your way to this page -

Thank you!

Forcefield comes out this spring and the four of us are really proud and looking forward to sharing it with you. It’s got a heart and it’s got some fangs – I really think your next favourite TPC song will be on it. So excited for it to come out.

It’s been such a long journey (A Lesson in Crime is 8 years old!) and we’ve had an incredibly supportive and dedicated audience the whole way. We try to get to every town we can and sign every t-shirt but it’s not always possible. I see “come to Malaysia!” on our FB all the time and we still haven’t been! So with this pre-order we’re offering something else.

Pre-ordering our record here automatically enters you into a free contest where you can win a chance to bring all your friends to a show, or come to dinner with us (we pick up the bill!). And we’re gonna throw in an exclusive alternate version of ‘See it Clear’ (you may know it as Pt. III of Argentina, but this is a cool vibey version). You can also go crazy with getting vinyl and some sunglasses we designed. Or if you wanna say hi to us on Skype that’s possible too. Once you pledge you’ll get to see extra pictures and video and things that we post here. It’s gonna be like a little online club that goes until the record comes out. This doesn’t mean we won’t come out and shake hands after a show or that you have to spend more to be a bigger fan. We owe so much to everyone who has supported and we’ll always make the effort to show that.

We value your support and pre-ordering our album helps us raise money to take part in amazing opportunities, like playing festivals and touring overseas, that keep careers going and allow us to continue making records.

See you soon!
-Dave"

Guest deleted

Damn, no test presses.

$37 vinyl and download?

Also, designing sunglasses?

Also, signed kick drum head? That'll cost about a billion dollars to ship.

Pass.

We're putting it out in canada

What new 180g repress of champ?

I thought there was a 2010 pressing, and apparently before it sold out they were up again http://kingsroadmerch.com/dine-alone-records/view/?id=4526&artist=290

I assumed it was a repress please correct me if I'm wrong!

But the link wouldn't allow for U.S. customers to check out

Damn, no test presses.

$37 vinyl and download?

Also, designing sunglasses?

Also, signed kick drum head? That'll cost about a billion dollars to ship.

Pass.

Ditto, annoyed really as I've been looking forward to this for an absolute age. Got my tickets to see them on the UK leg of their tour at the end of March. The gig is after the official release date so I'm hoping they'll have the vinyl kicking about on the merch stand and I can get it then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...