SOON: Tokyo Police Club - Forcefield LP

Could not be more disappointed with that first song.

Wow, really? To each their own I guess, but I'm 100% sure that you could be more disappointed. Sounds like you're just trying to be overly dramatic.

I love the song and I feel like this album is going to be a serious AOTY contender next year. Don't want to get my hopes up too high though.

Wow, really? To each their own I guess, but I'm 100% sure that you could be more disappointed. Sounds like you're just trying to be overly dramatic.

I love the song and I feel like this album is going to be a serious AOTY contender next year. Don't want to get my hopes up too high though.

What is a hyperbole.

TPC is one of my favorite bands, I've loved them for years and have seen them every time they've come to Orlando. I'm all for evolving your sound but this direction is just so uninteresting and generic and boring that I can't help but be disappointed. They sound like every other indie pop band now. It'll probably grow on me as they release more music from the new album, but as of now it's difficult to listen to.

What is a hyperbole.

TPC is one of my favorite bands, I've loved them for years and have seen them every time they've come to Orlando. I'm all for evolving your sound but this direction is just so uninteresting and generic and boring that I can't help but be disappointed. They sound like every other indie pop band now. It'll probably grow on me as they release more music from the new album, but as of now it's difficult to listen to.

I'd have to agree with you. It's definitely not the TPC I'm used to hearing. More guitar driven, less artsy, more "safe." Reminds me of emo pop punk in the 2003s/2004s but more of an indie flare I guess. I think the tone is set with the straight drumming vs the sparse drumming from old TPC. I don't know, I'd like to know who's the producer behind this album because it just doesn't feel like a TPC. Also Dave is singing so safely on that first song. 

I can see why people are digging these tracks, I can also see where people say this is hardly Tokyo Police Club anymore as well though.

I'd never listened to this band before, always wrote them off as your typical indie pop band or something, but that song that was posted is fantastic. I'm really impressed. Can anyone recommend which album I should listen to first to check TPC out?

Champ is my favorite but you really can't go wrong! 

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like Argentina and I really, really don't like their new song. At this rate, I'm not looking forward to their new album at all.

I'm still baffled that Dave Monks didn't do a solo experimental folk EP or something. Also I'm wondering how they went from art/punk/experimental to bright and happy indie pop rock