KISS Reissues (Psycho Circus & Revenge included!)

I have a ton of KISS.  They're not a typical go to in my collection but they pumped out a ton of great music, especially before they became a huge marketing ploy. That being said, I will definitely pick up Revenge and Psycho Circus.  I remember being in high school when Psycho Circus came out and it was a HUGE deal at the time.  Overall I think it's a pretty decent album that I'm excited to finally get.  I see Amazon has them as a PO which is great because they'll definitely be a lot less once other sellers start listing.

KISS has ALWAYS been a "huge marketing ploy". Ever since the 70's when they pushed all boundaries for merch. I had KISS posters on my walls and even ceiling, trading cards, shirts, dolls, etc... They had their own movie and even appeared on a Paul Lind Christmas special.

I think if you've listened to KISS but only listened to the 70's stuff and didnt like it, you should listen to Revenge. A completely different band. That album probably has the most balls out of any other release. The late 80's stuff is pretty awesome too (Hot In The Shade)

If you don't like 70's KISS, then you don't like KISS. That is KISS. WTF?

KISS has ALWAYS been a "huge marketing ploy". Ever since the 70's when they pushed all boundaries for merch. I had KISS posters on my walls and even ceiling, trading cards, shirts, dolls, etc... They had their own movie and even appeared on a Paul Lind Christmas special.

Very true.  It's easy to forget how much crap they've flooded the market with over the years.

My parents went to the Psycho Circus tour and didnt bring me. I was so bummed. At least they brought me back their 3D glasses...........

Total bummer. That tour was awesome. One of the best shows I have ever been to was that tour. While the first leg of the retirement tour had songs from the whole catalog, the band interacted a lot more during the Psycho Circus tour and seemed to be having a lot more fun.

If you don't like 70's KISS, then you don't like KISS. That is KISS. WTF?

In some peoples minds, yes. But when I think of KISS I think of all era's. Obviously there is nothing like the original line up. But the line ups after might have been KISS at their best. The Elder line up might have been my favorite, minus that record. But Eric Carr is a better drummer than Peter Criss by a long shot and made that band a power machine. 

In some peoples minds, yes. But when I think of KISS I think of all era's. Obviously there is nothing like the original line up. But the line ups after might have been KISS at their best. The Elder line up might have been my favorite, minus that record. But Eric Carr is a better drummer than Peter Criss by a long shot and made that band a power machine. 

I doubt anyone who grew up listening to the original KISS would feel that later incarnations of the band are truly KISS. It has nothing to do with technical proficiency, it's the original members and what they brought to the band creatively. Paul, Ace, Gene, and Peter will be the only KISS for most old people.

I do think it's great that kids are still even interested in the band.

Id put it like this.

Ace

Vinnie/Bruce

Mark

Tommy

Vinnie wrote some great songs, while Bruce played on Revenge, remember that Vinnie wrote a handful of the songs with Gene for that album. He also wrote some killer songs on Creatures, and mixed with Eric's drumming that album is heavy as hell.

I havent seen Tommy live, but I wast overly impressed at all with Sonic Boom.

Or Monster. That record was so god damn boring. Vinnie doesnt get the credit he deserves because of all the lawsuits and people love to drink the KISS Kool Aid (he's also kinda a headcase), but that dude has talent. And Creatures is an incredible record. I dont think he was better for the band than Bruce, but pretty close. 

I think if you've listened to KISS but only listened to the 70's stuff and didnt like it, you should listen to Revenge. A completely different band. That album probably has the most balls out of any other release. The late 80's stuff is pretty awesome too (Hot In The Shade)

KISS is the band that got me into music/collecting vinyl. Been literally listening to them since I was a baby. I would sit at home watch home videos all the time growing up. KISS and wrestling = my childhood. First concert was KISS at the Meadowlands in 2000 (which was recorded and released on DVD so that rules). While I dont like the price tag at all, Im more than willing to pick up Revenge and Psycho Circus (the first cassette I ever actually owned, before that I would just borrow all my dad's till he got the CDs and just gave me them).

I think they shouldve added Alive III & IV in here too though since they are also super limited. As well as Sonic Boom (pretty underrated record. Has a nice punch to it from the opening track). Especially over albums that you can find in the cheap bin. But also, think about the people whose copies are all beat up from back then. Im sure they'd rather have a newer pressing without so many bent corners. And like that dude said earlier, maybe itll have the original posters, tattoos, etc.. However dont get me wrong, Im aware this is just KISS trying to cash in on the latest trend. Its KISS.

We grew up exactly the same.

Thanks dude!

Not much Into wrestling anymore. Last time I saw it live (January 12, 1999, one week before my 11th birthday) my grandpa died the night off while we were there (he wasn't with us) but it put a taste in my mouth when I watch it or think about it, it's been almost 15 years and I'm still not over it. Haha

I think we might be....if you guys still watch you should post in the pro wrestling thread.

Holy shit dude thats sick!

I have been meaning to post in the wrestling threw for a while but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

If I ever do get a tattoo it's going to be the kiss army logo inside my left arm.