One Way Static Records - Static Club

Not sure if anyone had seen this yet, with those two release announcements I couldn't resist joining.

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/1031-static-vinyl-cassette-club

By popular demand: we want to welcome you to STATIC CLUB! The One Way Static Records subscription service. Exclusively available in North America through Light In The Attic.

We are now opening the books for the first 288 Static Club members.

STATIC VINYL CLUB Limited to 100 subscribers (you receive a limited vinyl variant of your choosing – 4 times!)

STATIC CASSETTE CLUB Limited to 22 subscribers (you receive the limited cassette variant – 4 times!)

STATIC VINYL & CASSETTE CLUB Limited to 22 subscribers (you receive all of the above – 4 times!)

You can now become a member and subscribe to the next four OWS releases. You will receive:

OWS03 – CANNIBAL FEROX (1981 Motion Picture Soundtrack)

OWS04 – PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1925 Motion Picture Soundtrack)

OWS05 > To be announced

OWS06 > To be announced

Static Club advantages include:

- No hassle, no missing out, no ordering each time, … delivered right at your door on release date without lifting a finger.

- A limited edition variant reserved for you of all four releases. It doesn’t matter if it sells out within 5 minutes, you have one!

- A choice of 3 different subscription packages: Vinyl – Cassette or a combined package.

- Club members can choose their variant (unlike regular orders where it’s randomly inserted).

- Five Test Pressings (!!!) of each release will be raffled amongst club members each time.

- Free digital download of the release when available

- Club members get first pick at specials like OWS Record Store Day releases, OWS goodies, …

- Shipping is included and you are protected from shipping cost increase.

- An exclusive club item at the end of each subscription.

- Club members get first dibs on subscription renewals.

- Club members get a special designated contact person to address all their questions.

• 1 month later...

Yep, I waffled for a minute as well, but I pulled the trigger on Monday. Can't beat the price 4 records for 60% less than DW's 6 is too god a deal to pass up. Their announced scores thus far don't have the marquee value or completely redone art, but they are very good (Ferox has been on a lot of collector wish lists for ages) and I for one love the packages so far. They're a nice change of pace from new, original artwork which doesn't always suit my fancy. I like the 70s style photography and framing they employ. Also, giving subscribers first crack at RSD releases is awesome. One of their titles leaked last night on another board (the posts that mentioned the release by name were taken down before I got there, but people were very excited). Cheers.

• 11 months later...

Does this let you order from the UK site if you are in the US?

By popular demand: we want to welcome you to STATIC CLUB! The One Way Static Records subscription service. Exclusively available in North America through Light In The Attic.

And from the Static Club order page:

If you are a US or Canadian resident you MUST subscribe through Light In The Attic.

• 4 months later...