Audacity (ion turntable question)

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had problems with this setup? I'm at my girlfriend's using a an Ion turntable with an ibook G4, with audacity. We've used this before with no problems, but audacity just stopped working, and we downloaded version 1.3.2. Any suggestions? Basically the turntable spins, everything's plugged in, but no sound.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals!

-andy

ok I just got this thing, and it seems like once I put it on all the sound on my computer went out, I was listening to music on itunes right before I got this thing, and for some reason even when this isnt hooked up I have no sound at all, and the volume is all up and everything

^^^read the manual, you have to greatly fuck with your sound settings...i have one of these and gave up after 2 hours...it's just collecting dust in my room...figured, fuck it i'll just listen to records on at home and not rip copies for my iPod.

yeah I actually just got this to listen to not on the computer, but I dont have a reciever yet so I was just gonna fuck with it , didnt even wanna record anythign, just listen to some stuff

ok i downloaded new drivers and now have sound and can listen to records

Doe you have this working yet?

I remember I had to change the input source.

(in audacity)Go to preferences - Audio I/O - Recording

and make sure Device: is Built-in Input (and not built in Microphone) or if you have USB it should be listed there.

You can also check the apple system preferences - sound. See if the device is listed there and when playing the levels should be 'working'.